The primary purpose of the European Payroll Supervisor is to supervise and ensure correct payment of salaries, benefits and other payments to all employees and retirees for the European locations are made in accordance with the legal and tax rules of each location, as in line with Company and statutory requirements.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee Payrolls UK, Portugal, Singapore, Brazil and shadow payrolls in the EU
- Managed and perform all payroll administration, payroll data entry and input into SAP.
- Review all inputs entered by HR team & TMAs’ that impact payroll and advise of any amendments that need to be made
- Supervised and submit monthly payroll data to ADP, reconciling and identifying corrections required.
- Maintain regular contact with ADP to ensure accurate and timely delivery of payroll and payment to employees/third parties in all European locations.
- Process employee benefits and associated expenses such as medical assistance, transportation among others.
· Assure that payroll information and withholdings are properly communicated/paid to the relevant government authorities.
· Ensure compliance and arrange payments to European Tax authorities
· Review tax inquiries and liaise with ADP Tax to ensure that outstanding inquiries are resolved appropriately.
· Consistently strive to maintain knowledge of current payroll laws and participate in continuing education opportunities as appropriate.
- Support payroll audits and provides necessary information to Auditors
- Maintaining payroll procedures in line with legal or contractual changes
- Prepare necessary statutory documents and reports as required for compliance with legal requirements
- Liaise with colleagues in Finance to ensure correct posting for accounting purposes.
- Ensure that all payroll accounts are reconciled regularly.
- Manage to respond to employee payroll queries
- Support system upgrades and testing processes
- Supervise and prepare weekly and monthly reports required by the business e.g. cost, accrual and actual worked hours reports
· Manage effective internal/external client relationships and build positive relationships with team members as well as other departments within ASR Group.
Update payroll procedures/configuration as required to reflect changes in contractual terms or statutory rules
Other duties that may arise within the role from time to time
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Fluent in English and Portuguese, other languages such as German or Italian are preferable but not mandatory.
- Excellent attention to detail and accurately
- Demonstrable problem-solving abilities and initiative
- A good level of numeracy, literacy and computer skills
- Team player, proactive, self-motivated, and who can see the bigger picture.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently under minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
ESSENTIAL WORK EXPERIENCES
- Experience of 5 years running a payroll through its entire cycle, both monthly and annually in a multinational company or shared service centre
- Experience in multi-countries payroll.
- Experience of managing third party/provider contracts with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of legal and taxes rules related to payroll (UK and Portugal is an advantage)
- An understanding or background in Human Resources would be an advantage
- Excellent SAP payroll knowledge is essential
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Educated to A level or degree standard
- Proven ability to identify areas of improvement and drive the necessary change
- Whilst based at Lisbon Refinery, travel between that location and the London Refinery will be required