Do you want to be part of an Elite team working with the Azure and SQL product group to drive competitive migrations to the Microsoft Data platform and provide insights to drive future product improvements? Would you like an opportunity to travel worldwide to provide our Clients with first hand advice and expertise? Well then, this may be the role which will help you to spread your wings.
The Data Insights Center of Excellence supports a companywide strategic initiative to position Microsoft as a leader in cloud and on premises based Data Platform Solutions. The CoE is part of the Data Insights Domain and geographically distributed worldwide. It is chartered to function in close interaction with product engineering, and collaborate with product and services sales teams to drive solution adoption.
- Focuses on the initiative to drive migrations from competitors to the Microsoft Data platform. This includes both OLTP and DSS solutions. Work with customers, partners and engineering to drive CPU core conversion to Microsoft.
- Drives the Advanced Analytics business with Advanced Analytics solutions. Work closely with Platform sales specialists and Services sales during opportunity discovery. Contribute to win sales pursuits focused on Data Insights solutions, leveraging solution accelerators as entry points. Deliver envisioning workshops, designs and develop proof-of-concept prototypes and assists in the development of production pilots.
- Train Microsoft Services and Partners to deploy solutions that drive Azure consumption.
- Brings their years of expertise to bear on business development opportunities and opportunity discovery.
- Contributes to thought leadership within and across both their local Microsoft business and more broadly across other Microsoft businesses.
- Communicates vision, business and technical direction and workgroup commitments; plays a vital part in business strategy by providing internal practice management risk assessment.
- Contributes to organizational change management for accelerating adoption of solution sales and industrialized solution delivery capabilities.
- Bachelors or higher degree (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Ability to create compelling value propositions and deliver quantified business justifications.
- Strong executive presence and ability to interact with top executives.
- Ability to translate technology capabilities into business capabilities.
- Application development lifecycle, discovering patterns and practices.
- Solution architecture design, DBMS architecture.
- Work experience in an Agile environment – preferably Scrum
- Inclusion of quality attributes in solution designs (security, availability, resilience, performance, scalability, cost, usability).
- Working knowledge with different Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in English
- Willingness to travel on a global basis
Hands-on technical skills in some of the following areas PLUS the desire to develop skills in others:
- DBMS: Relational (SQL Server, incl. T-SQL, Scripting, etc), Oracle (ExaData) or IBM DB2, columnar (RedShift, Vertica), noSQL, SAP BW. (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra – key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores)
- End-to-end Microsoft BI stack knowledge and experience: SQL Server, Azure, Azure SQL DB, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, HD Insight, Streaming Insight, Sharepoint BI, PowerPivot, PowerView, Excel, PowerBI.
- Languages: SQL, C#, Java, or Python / Powershell, use of Visual Studio is preferred
- ETL technologies: SSIS, Informatica etc.