Transmission Engineer is responsible for installing, integrating, maintaining uptime and quality of the network (both media & equipment) segment assigned to him. He is to also ensure effective fault management in case of fault occurrence and periodically carry out upgrade, capacity augmentation activities as per transmission plan with no/minimal disruption of services.
- Perform high-level support functions on HiT equipment deployed around the Globe on customer Networks.
- Installation, commissioning, integration and customer acceptance of HiT 7300 series.
- Implementation of software and hardware upgrades, new site builds on HiT equipment’s.
- Complete understanding on DWDM, OTN, SDH, SONET,EOSDH.
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults by analysing logs.
- Implementation and Support of DWDM Network upgrade and Network expansion
- Accessing client’s network if required to provide technical solutions, recreate network Scenarios in LAB & providing RCA with KT technique.
- Installation and commissioning of equipment’s, provisioning of wavelengths, modules (various transponders), SDH/SONET, Re-configuring OADM (ROADM), Optical Line Amplification (OLA) module
- Ensuring KPI / SLA fulfilment related to Network Surveillance & 1st Level troubleshooting of the events taking place on the network
- Operate network management tools which assist in fault resolution, including dynamic configuration changes
- Provide inputs to incident reports and root cause analysis reports, as mandated in the process
- Keep onsite teams informed within agreed timescales of fault progression
- Create & maintain MOP’s for all the devices with common troubleshooting scenarios
- Troubleshooting at various stages of testing, systematic categorization and analysis of faults.
- Mid-level expertise in data communications protocols including Ethernet and IP networks is required. Experience with UNIX and SUN/Oracle systems would be beneficial.
- Experience with Element Management or Network Management systems would be and asset.
- Exposure to L3 protocols/technologies such as IP routing and MPLS-TP is added advantage
- Making improvements to, and offering advice about, operational procedures, Wow and Design.
- Scheduling and coordinating work to achieve milestones.
- Making reports and documentation to keep track on progress.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills and an ability to work from broad guidelines with minimal supervision