The Bid Manager supports the submission of a completed bid to an existing or prospective client, on time and within budget. Assures that all the client’s requests have been answered as fully as possible, and that the company has given itself the best possible chance of success.
- Lead and support the submission of complete value-added bids to existing or prospective clients, on time, within budget and with the right level of quality expectation set by the company
- Manage the whole bid response process: from the expression of interest through to submission and clarification stages to ensure a bullet proof construction of the offer and alignment in house, including the identification and mitigation of risks, preventative measures and necessary hypothesis deemed necessary to protect Vision-Box legal, financial, technical and administrative interests.
- Write quality and compliant responses in line with tender specifications and lead technical writer(s) designated to support his/her Bid
- Communicate with partners and customers to ensure proper scope of work definition and defence of Vision-Box’ interests
- Identify inputs, required from other areas of expertise inside the company, and drive the acquisition/evolution of these inputs using interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
- Produce bullet proof quotation and align with the Head of Bid Department to build corresponding pricing, according to the pricing strategy set by the Sales & Bid/Perales department.
- Ensure our responses adhere to our quality and governance process.
Skills and Experience
- Degree or higher in Business Management, Computer Science or similar.
- Solid experience in bid and tender writing as well as proven tender process knowledge.
- Strong background dealing with Presales and/or Bid within the Aviation, Border Control or Identity Management. Alternatively with other High-Tech and Security & Investigation sectors
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills, with the ability to write about complex, technical concepts in easy-to-understand ways and convey clear, sellable and logical ideas.
- Fluent/Native in English and another Language (as highly preferable additional skill)
- Other language skills will be highly appreciated, specially Spanish, French and Portuguese if not already part of the two previously referred.
- Self-driven, competitive and motivated, customer focus and results oriented.