The local Tax Department is responsible for managing all Tax affairs in the Country and in particular for Tax compliance of all entities in the Country, for the direct and indirect Tax advisory support to the Business in their ordinary and extraordinary activities, as well as for the execution of all global tax related guidelines and Tax processes.
We are looking for a Trainee to join our Tax Department in Lisbon.
What are my responsibilities?
- Comprehensive tax analysis of the company’s local and international business projects and transactions
- Close cooperation with the company’s business units for the evaluation and mitigation of tax risks with active participation in the design and structuring of business projects and transactions
- Tax compliance – preparation and review of tax returns (direct taxes and indirect taxes)
- Cooperation in local and international tax topics and in cross-border projects with the local tax departments of other entities in foreign countries, including the headquarters
- Cooperation with HR, Accounting, and Legal departments in interdisciplinary technical issues
- Ensure that the highest levels of compliance are maintained and ensure processes and controls are adhered to.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- University degree in Finance, Law, Accounting, Economics or similar, and specific academic background in Tax
- Expert communication skills and ability to explain difficult and complex technical issues, and process changes
- Professional ethics, responsibility, and problem solving
- Proactivity, priority management, organization
- Fluent English, both written and spoken (expert level is mandatory)
What else do I need to know?
- In Siemens Portugal we offer the possibility to integrate a young, dynamic and very multicultural team and to grow within one of the most solid multinational companies operating in the market.
- We are world leaders in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies. With our positioning along the eletriﬁcation value chain, we have knowhow that extends from power generation to power transmission, power distribution and smart grid to the efficient application of electrical energy. And with our outstanding strengths in automation, we’re well equipped for the future and the age of digitalization. This way, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate – all thanks to our employees. We make real what matters. So if you really want to make a difference – make it with us.