Blair Fox is a West Australian family owned electricity company. We build own and operate wind farms, retail electricity to our customers, and own and operate electricity distribution networks. We deliver innovative solutions that are surprising, considered and built on deep industry knowledge. We build and maintain strong relationships with our customers. Our breadth of offerings from power generation, along with our extensive knowledge and experience in renewable energy industry, allows us to provide end-to-end energy solutions to meet the growing needs of the local market.
Recently, we have purchased 19 x Enercon E40 wind turbines. We will conduct maintenance on these turbines at the Vila Lobos wind farm in Viseu district, Portugal before dismantling and transporting to Western Australia.
We are looking for a wind turbine technician to join our team. The main responsibilities for this role will be to maintain and then assist in dismantling the wind turbines. This is a 4-months contract full time position.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Conducting maintenance activities on Vila Lobos wind farm for 6 weeks including, but not limited to the maintenance schedule.
- Repairing and troubleshooting issues with turbines in order to maintain capacity.
- Working with the dismantling team as required for dismantling 19 x Enercon E40 wind turbines from January to mid March 2017.
- Opportunity to work with construction team in Australia to install wind turbines.
- Opportunity to work with Blair Fox team in Australia as a maintenance technician.
- This job starts from Monday 28 November 2016, and ends in mid March 2017.
Any other duties within your capabilities and at the direction of directors.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Proven experience in wind turbine maintenance or in a similar role as a technician.
- Experience on Enercon E40 wind turbines is essential/preferred.
- Demonstrated high-level mechanical knowledge and willingness to work on mechanical equipment.
- Proven experience diagnosing and solving mechanical issues.
- Ability to work at heights and to regularly climb turbines.
- Problem-solving skills and use of initiative.
- Must speak fluent English to work with English-speaking crew.
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- Must have own vehicle.
- Living in or ability to relocate to the District of Visieu is preferred.
- Green invoice will be advantageous.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in the renewable energy industry and/or wind farming.
- Relevant knowledge in SCADA and network control systems will be highly advantageous.