BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 28,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global start to your career, a career where you, your ideas and your development matter.
CIB – Digital Transformation
In the context of the CIB of Tomorrow Program, the CIB Digital initiative has been created with the ambition to build a digital vision and roadmap for CIB aligned with the Group’s initiatives. This global CIB Digital program, strongly supported by CIB top management, is under the leadership of Rudi Collin.
This initiative will allow CIB to drive the digital re-evolution of the business and turn BNP Paribas CIB into a leading digital player for our clients in line with their new ways of working. It will also enable CIB to hold differentiating positions on selected products or client segments and establish thought-leadership in the digital space.
Fintech & Research is part of the CIB Digital Transformation team.
Fintech & Research aims to:
- Build external research to develop wide and cost-efficient Innovation (a.k.a. “Academics”).
- Build market watch, leverage the existing Fintech – and by extension Techs, ecosystem
- Help to develop internal initiatives and ventures
The selected candidate will be responsible for performing the following duties in their day to day:
Originate and conduct Fintechs development projects:
- Populate and administrate the database of Fintechs company
- Develop valuations of companies
- Build acquisition files to CIB and BNP Paribas management
- Prepare pitches & quarterly reports for CIB management
- Be a partner in investments & partnership projects, including due diligence, execution and post-acquisition follow-up
- Work with the Global Business Lines to identify and quantify the external development projects
- Develop a network of connections in Financial Services industry and particularly technological / Fintech industry
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
- Graduated from Business School or Engineering School – or equivalent A-grade University
- First experience in Advisory / Corporate Banking / Business development team is a plus
- Between 1 and 5 years of experience
- Ideally knowledge of banking and / or techno environment, ie products, business models…
- Appetite for innovation and technology
- Strong knowledge of Corporate development and/or VC toolkit (valuation, capital, documentation)
- Team player and cross cultural awareness, collaborate and provide information to the colleagues and stakeholders
- Autonomous, delivers high quality work, rigorous and synthetic
- Solutions oriented: identify risks, gaps, opportunities and propose solutions
- Capacity to manage large scale projects with high complexity
- Good communication skills with his management and stakeholders.
- Market, product & business – Is genuinely interested in financial markets and continually learning and staying abreast of new developments
- Technology awareness : understands the basics of new techs (Big Data, machine Learning, Robotics, Blockchain…) and motivated to learn more
- Acts with discipline and high ethical standards
- Very good level of English