Our Client is a leader in banking and financial services that can offer you an exciting and truly global career
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE:
- Make sure non Straight Through Processing (STP) events are properly managed within the Operations system and ensure deals are flowing within Operations system with no delay
- Make sure payments (bilateral, netted…), advices of receipt are processed once deals are matched, pre-matched or once cash flow/netting has been confirmed/reconciled with counterparties
- Make sure payments are done before cut-off taking into account each currency specificity, and ensure no payment incident occurs.
- Manage specific processes regarding settlement Instructions when required (on non STP, urgent payment, coordination with referential teams for Standard Settlement Instructions…)
- Responsible for the full payment netting process including set up (agreeing netting conditions with counterparts including legal documentation, promote BNPP Internal Netting digital tool…) and day to day validation process
- Make sure settlements are done according to Risk and Compliance Group guidelines/requirements including embargoes/sanctions alert management, specific Risk procedures to reduce settlement risk…
- Resolving queries and exceptions in relation with relevant departments, understanding the importance of effective escalation.
- Responsible on a daily for reporting the status of controls and remaining operational risk on the scope of responsibility.
- Daily liaison with counterparts on discrepancies and assisting them to meet their needs regarding payments
- Analyse & Manage payments incidents in coordination with payment investigation teams
- Active participation to the “team life” (formalisation of team procedure, training, coaching new staff, contribution to improve team efficiency, operational process or IT functionality…)
- Degree in Finance
- Fluent in English (both oral and written communication)
- Banking experience with an emphasis in Payments and Operations management
- Knowledge of Banking Payment Environment (Correspondent banking, Swift payment network…)
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchange and Money Markets products.
- Strong Excel Skills
- Controls oriented profile, ability to manage operational risks
- Excellent numerical skills
- Analytical skills, effective problem solver and consensus builder
- Ability to prioritize workloads and use a proactive approach to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team spirit and client focus
- Availability for a training period abroad (3 to 5 months)