Technologies that provide better fuel economy, reduced emissions and great performance – BorgWarner makes it possible. As a leading automotive supplier, we develop innovative powertrain solutions. Our products can be found in efficient gasoline, clean diesel, hybrid and pure electric vehicles as well as in commercial and on/off-highway applications. Through our ongoing commitment to innovation, BorgWarner delivers environmentally-friendly solutions that improve driving comfort, performance and reliability.
BorgWarner Emissions Systems is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of state-of-the-art emissions control systems, ignition systems, diesel cold-start technology and PTC cabin heaters for passenger cars, light trucks and commercial vehicles around the world.
We are currently recruiting for a EGR Systems Applications Engineer at the Viana Plant to further strengthen our existing team.This engineering position ris part of Applications Engineering Manager team.
Position Summary, Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Creates, develops or adapts Product Design concepts based on internal standards, calculations, trials, measurements, bench tests, CAE simulations, process methods or inputs from customers.
- Checks and releases 2D drawings and 3D models within the associated project or product under serial production.
- Establishes Interface with Customer for Product and Specifications definition.
- Participates in the Validation Plan definition throughout the Project implementation, establishing the interface with Customer for product validation.
- Responsible for presenting product analysis results to internal and external project customers.
- Leads the DFMEA release and establishes the Product Special Characteristics definition.
- Coordinates the Planning and production of Prototype Samples.
- Creates and participates on the release of the Prototype Control Plan.
- Can coordinate Prototype Production Cost Calculation.
- Can coordinate the Project Development and Project team up to Industrialization Kick off.
- Creates or participates on Product Engineering Standards releases.
- Defines the Product Special Characteristics for individual components.
- Will require materials selection, standards use and tolerance definition for casted, machined, bent or stamped components.
- Technically assists the Production Plants within the scope of the products under serial production, for any required change due to product design correction, upgrade, or cost reduction.
- Scope of responsibility will include a wide range of difficult and complex problems.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of organization, method, accuracy, and a good understanding of manufacturing processes and tolerances.
- Applies new analysis technologies as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge and responsibility for the performance of the quality system and standards.
- Work is requested and completed with moderate decision making.
- Teamwork – Considers and seeks out the impact of his/her actions within the team. Actively seeks collaboration with internal and external team members.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 4 years of experience as Product engineer in Automotive Industry – Engine components
- 4 years of experience as project Manager in Automotive Industry – Engine components
- English spoken and written
- Proficiency level Portuguese (spoken and written)
- Preferable German or Italian, spoken and written
- Nice to have
- EGR Systems knowledge
- Stamped or casted components design knowledge
- APQP knowledge
- SAP knowledge (user perspective)
- action oriented
- costumer focus
- timely decision making
- decision quality
- Ethics and values
- Functional/technical Skills
- organizational agility
- priority setting
- problem solving