IBM is a global technology and innovation company present in India since 1992. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with approximately 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation
Business Unit Introduction
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and manage an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services – be it transformational outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services.
Who you are:
You will have to perform the role of System Database Administrator within the Oracle environment.
Should be able to work in night shifts (LA Timings) and willing to relocate to Hyderabad (India).
What you’ll do:
You have to perform the proficient role, that requires Database Administration, maintenance and troubleshooting on the databases with Oracle releases 10g/ 11g and willing for 24×7 rotational shift support.
- Responsible for Database Administration on production databases with Oracle releases 10g/ 11g
- This position requires proficiency in Backup and Recovery, Database Administration.
- Proficiency with UNIX is required.
- To install and maintain Database Server as demanded by the business needs
- To extend the required technical support for all issues related to production Database(s) and also during the product development, testing and release phases
- Expert in database backup and recovery (RMAN) best practices.
- Knowledge of Data Guard.
- Database manipulation (create new tables, modify existing tables, create new indexes, create/ modify schema, role, privileges, data files and table space and other DB related tasks)
- Review and improve the SQL queries as required by the business
- Define the required Oracle patch level (based on Oracle support and our Company requirement)
- DB Partitioning and Implementation
- Operating system knowledge: Windows, IBM AIX, Solaris and Red Hat Linux
- Preferably an Oracle Certified (OCP) Database Administrator
- An independent and should have ability to work with a team with willingness to mentor and guide the team
- Proven analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you