For our Dutch client we are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation and willing to relocate to the Netherlands. You will join a team of talented tech writers who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make the client’s product easier to use.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Review and edit technical content within documentation.
- Translate complex technical & bespoke material from various sources into concise, easily understandable content.
- Liaise with staff in all departments to collate technical information to use in various proposals and questionnaires.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides.
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Proven working experience in technical writing.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Excellent written skills in English, the ability to express instructions clearly and briefly in simple English.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Hands-on experience of working with publications software such as Word, Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator and PaintShop Pro.
- A feel for words and a good command of grammar and vocabulary.
- Accuracy and a methodical approach to work.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, analytical skills.
- Good documentation skills and the ability to produce visually attractive instructions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to gather information from and for people.
- The ability to work successfully as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- A good understanding of computers and other communication tools.
Salary and benefits:
- Highly competitive salary.
- 30% tax ruling (a tax free allowance equivalent to 30% of the gross salary).
- Holiday allowance.
- Permanent employment.
- Lease car.
- Personal development.