We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We are on a mission, because we no longer accept the digital downgrade that workers experience when they swap their personal devices for their work ones. We create business software that works the way people want, not the other way around. Will you join us in our fight against the digital downgrade?
Our Global Delivery Centre in Lisbon, Portugal is looking for a Technical Consultant for the developing team. Who will maintain, develop and deliver customizations to best satisfy the Unit4 Business World customers’ needs worldwide. If you care deeply about the customers and the quality of the code that you write providing comprehensive unit tests that ensure continuous quality development. You are a strong team-player and enjoy a challenge. Join our Centre and apply now!
What will you do
- You will Design, implement and maintain .Net applications within all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for our best-of-class ERP software, Unit4 Business World.
- You will identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications of .Net developed projects.
- You will work in a close-knit team and contribute to the sizing of proposed software developments.
- You will contribute to the planning and design of the software, during estimations and planning.
- You will provide daily feedback on the development progressing, raising any impediments.
- You will follow all bespoke factory best practices and methodology.
- Together with the Developer Team Leader and project owners, you will take decisions on code related activities and act as an advisory.
- You will work remotely from Lisbon and on-site worldwide.
- You will serve as a mentor to less experienced developers.
As a developer team member, you are passionate about high quality software solutions and motivated to help customers with the best fitted business solution. You contribute with your creativity and new ideas to the Unit4 Business World software´s customizations development and come up with new possibilities and improvements of the software. Due to your problem solver mindset, you always help the team to determine the risks associated with an implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of C# and strong understanding of OO development, patterns and practices.
- Excellent knowledge and experience within all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Database design and development (e.g. TSQL/Oracle).
- The ability to analyze problems and implement solutions for debugging; and willing to share your ideas to improve design´s decisions.
- Analytical thinking, good decision making skills.
- Ability to identify problems, contribute to problem resolution and work toward shared responsibility in the solution.
- Good at interacting in English with your colleagues, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Ability to meet short and long-term deadlines.
- A working understanding of Agile software development practices eg. Scrum, KanBan, XP.
- Working with Microsoft Azure.
- TFS administration and maintenance is a plus.
- Availability to travel and work on-site next to customers worldwide.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- +5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Enthusiastic colleagues who are eager to learn from each other.
- A flexible and solution-oriented work place where you work hard and are valued for your input.
- A mature and productive development process, where everyone works at a sustainable pace.
- A close working relationship with our stakeholders and support desks.
- An international working environment.
- A place to work and have fun.
- Other working benefits.
Applying in English – why?
Unit4 is an international software company with business units all over the world. We cherish our cultural differences and celebrate our common values. English is the common language in our company and therefore we kindly ask you to submit your cv and cover letter in English.