As DevOps, you’ll be expected to work closely with the development, QA and product teams to provide context and assistance. The ideal candidate is interested in providing assistance for the entire product cycle, from feature scoping, to implementation and testing, to deployment and monitoring.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Continuously improve the infrastructure for ease of software deployment, scalability, security and fault-tolerancy;
- Work closely with System Architects, Engineers, Product Managers and System Administrators to meet their service automation needs;
- Develop system and service deployment scripts for Production and Pre-Production web services environments;
- Develop a process to integrate DevOps with engineering development, service deployment and operations lifecycle.
- BS in Computer Science, related technical fields, or equivalent practical experience;
- Experience as Linux deployment support for a company with high traffic web site in a private or public or hybrid cloud;
- 2+ years experience with continuous integration tools and processes;
- 2+ years of working experience on Tomcat, Postgres/MySQL/MongoDB, Apache, Nginx, ActiveMQ environments;
- Scripting skills in one of Ruby/Bash/Groovy/Python;
- Production system integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning;
- Experience with one or more of: Puppet, Chef or Docker.