What you tell your friends you do
“I build web shops. And no – I will not fix your computer.”
What you will really be doing
- Coming up with new functionalities and building them.
- Improving the technology that runs over 300 web shops.
- Improving the user-friendliness of all of those web shops.
- Working in teams, consisting of 5 (+/- 2) developers and designers.
How will you be doing this?
- You are an all-rounder in a Scrum team. You will have your own specialization, but you will also be able to perform all other tasks within the team.
- You prioritize your own work together with your team and Product Owner. You will receive immediate feedback from end users and you will have a lot of opportunities to experiment.
- You will be using the right tools for whatever job will be thrown at you. Choices that were made in the past are not rules.
- You will work in a motivated team to meet ambitious deadlines. There is always a budget for good ideas.
- Big data is your guru, your gut feeling isn’t. To measure is to know.
- By actively coaching and continuously providing feedback to team members.
What we have worked on last quarter
- Second chance. Giving returned products a second chance by offering them on the website with a discount.
- High performance authentication system. Customers can now login on the website through a fast NodeJS microservice.
What a day in the office might look like
Required experience & skills
- You’re smart and have some way to prove it.
- Minimum of five years experience as a PHP developer.
- You’re experienced when it comes to improving your colleagues craftsmanship and technical skills.
- You’re able to solve problems using accepted best practices and principles like SOLID and design patterns.
- You care about code quality.
- You know how to automate recurring development steps and implement them in continuous integration and deployment systems.
- Scrum/Agile way of working is almost your second nature.
- You understand and investigate what a user wants and feels.
- Experience in working with large codebases and custom frameworks is a plus.
- Knowledge of Clean (Onion) architecture and PaaS is a plus.
- Willing to relocate to Rotterdam (or to reasonable daily travel distance).
- To help you keep your money, we also chip in on your pension, pay for your travels and offer a discount on all the stuff we sell.
- Room for you to do things your way.
- Heartwarming help with the international relocation process from start to finish..
- Lots of things you can learn through our Coolcademy & skilled sparring partners.
- 25 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- We like to inspire your passion giving you the opportunity to visit events.
- An office in the heart of Rotterdam so there’s plenty to do when you’re not at work.
- And yes, we also have the industry standard perks such as free beer, ping pong tables, great lunch, team activities and awesome parties.
I’m an amazing Senior PHP Developer with the right skills and attitude, and want to apply for this position!