We have open positions for Group Coordinator with a Large Cruise Line.
Coordinates activities and arrangements for group meetings, conferences and functions by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
- Conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This applies to physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/orin the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
- Consults with representatives of client group or organization to plan details such as number of persons, display space desired, and food service schedule, etc.
- Resolves conflicts quickly and efficiently and provides alternative arrangements and calculates additional costs.
- Maintains constant communication with all department heads to plan function details such as space requirements, time schedule, food and beverage service, stage usage, sound and light / video requirements, staff requirements and overtime issues. Keeps Cruise Director informed of all details and proposed conflict resolutions.
- Uses company software, such as AffairWhere, to notify various department heads of the final group arrangements on a timely basis to ensure adequate preparation time for successful event execution.
- Directs workers in preparing banquet and convention rooms and erecting displays and exhibits, equipment, etc.
- Inspects rooms and displays for conformance to needs and desires of group.
- Attends functions to minimize confusion and resolve problems.
- Arranges publicity, special functions, and performs other duties to promote goodwill.
- Coordinates special shore excursion requirements with Explorations!/Shore Excursion Manager.
- Organizes group amenities. Up-sells amenities to enhance the group’s vacation experience.
- Confers with the Financial Controller’s team to ensure accounts are charged appropriately for additional products and services not included in the original proposal.
- 1 year event planning and execution experience in a luxury hotel, convention center, sales, public relations field or in a related hospitality function.
- Proven customer service skills to build and strengthen relationships.
- Ability to up-sell and cross-sell products and services.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while coordinating many functions simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with group representative, department heads and shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Ability to conduct meetings efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Ability to utilize customer service skills by exercising authority and discretion to satisfy guests.
- Ability to perform basic math functions with regard to product and service pricing.
- Working knowledge of computers with e-mail and business related software packages such as word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Aptitude to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Mandarin, or Japanese preferred.
- Gain amazing life / work experiences worldwide.
- Improve your Curriculum
- Save your salary (free food and accommodation)
- Meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner and Midnight snack)
- Medical centre on-board, free treatment if you are unwell or hurt
- Laundry Service for your uniforme and linens.
- A competitive salary
- Take your first career steps in the travel and tourism industry
- Form a worldwide network of lifelong friends
Would you like to gain valuable experience on board a luxury cruise line,travel the world, meet people from several nationalities and get paid for it? Yes!! Send us your English C.V.
We look forward to receiving your application! All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you fit the profile, you will be contacted by e-mail or what’s app and sms.
Please keep an eye on your e-mail and spam box to see if you received an invitation.