To ensure the smooth and effective running of the day-to-day F&B operations in accordance with Starwood core standards – proactively driving strategies to effect product enhancements and operating efficiencies across the 3 properties – achieving optimum financial returns for the company/owners, whilst ensuring highest levels of employee and guest satisfaction.
- Provide a clear business plan for Food & Beverage in conjunction with Outlet Managers for Yearly Marketing Plan
- Produce a twice yearly Competition price check, one to be provided prior to Marketing Plan production
- Adjust Payroll and other expenses according to business mix anticipated
- Adjust operations according to business mix, without loss of quality or established standards
- Provide a bullet point fiscal month summary of Actual results to Budget & Forecast for General Manager’s Report
- Produce 3-monthly F&B forecast in conjunction with Outlet Managers
- Analyze daily and monthly results and implement strategies to improve Average Checks, Covers and profitability
- In conjunction with F&B Cost Controller, analyze daily and monthly food and beverage cost control reports and take action to improve cost percentages
- Achieve StarVoice and GSI targets as agreed with Hotel Manager in yearly Objective & Goal setting
- Effectively manage implementation of revised or new Starwood & Luxury Collections standards in product
- Manage Yield Management of inventories in accordance with Budget guidelines
- Communicate and administer selling strategy for Food & Beverage business to all internal & external parties
- Conduct quarterly appraisals with direct reports, providing guidance towards personal competency & technical training & development opportunities
- Conduct performance or disciplinary related reviews with direct reports as necessary on a timely basis
- Establish profit goals and effective menu planning and pricing
- Ensure effective compliance with all health, safety and hygiene legislation
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Bilingual or multilingual ability preferred.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and computer accounting programs. Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Several years experience in overall Food & Beverage operation as well as management experience. Culinary, sales and service background required.
Licenses or Certificates
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
Pine Cliffs Resort is part of the Starwood Luxury Collection and hosts three very different hotels, various luxury villas, townhouses and other residential units. The resort offers a diverse selection of 11 F&B Outlets, plus catering & banqueting.
The F&B Operations Director should be able to link a financial complex operation with providing service excellence reflecting the Luxury Collection brand and the high expectation from the diverse guest profile. Leadership, Entrepreneur style, Innovation and a long-term vision are key attributes to this executive position. The role allows to create an identity for each outlet, developing opportunities and implementing innovative ideas, taking charge of upcoming refurbishments and identifying new concepts in the years to come. Banquet & Catering is also a core business in this resort, and the applicant should be able to create experiences for our group corporate and MICE customer, which are going to make a difference compared to our global competition. The successful candidate has a very detailed understanding to manage the F&B Profit & Loss and is able to adapt its team to the seasonality of the destination.
Pine Cliffs Resort in the Algarve one of the leading and award-winning Luxury and Family Resorts in Europe. Pine Cliffs Resort is truly an exquisite hidden jewel enjoying a spectacular, prime seafront location on the amazing coastline of the Algarve, in Southern Portugal.
Pine Cliffs is an all integrated resort, managed by Starwood Hotels & Resorts through its Luxury Collection brand, with different options of accommodation, investment opportunities and a luxurious lifestyle for the whole family.
Also part of the resort is the Pine Cliffs Resort’s premium selection of the finest Luxury Lifestyle Properties (Pine Cliffs Hotel, Pine Cliffs Ocean Suites, Pine Cliffs Residences, Pine Cliffs Terraces, Pine Cliffs Deluxe Villas, Pine Cliffs Townhouses) and Vacation Ownership Options (Pine Cliffs Vacation Club).