Who are we?
Hiscox is an international specialist insurer and reinsurer. We provide market leading products and excellent service to individuals and businesses with unusual and often complicated insurance needs. A FTSE 250 company, we can trace our roots to the Lloyd’s market in 1901. We employ over 2,200 highly professional staff, have offices in 14 countries and customers all over the world.
In 2015 the Hiscox Group grew by 10.7% to £1,944.2 million gross written premium and a very healthy profit of £216.1 million, delivering a return on equity of 16%.
We cover reinsurance and insurance risks that range from marine, terrorism, aerospace, technology, media and professional indemnity through to high value personal insurance, such as homes and contents, fine art, luxury motor, and kidnap and ransom, and are market leaders in many of our chosen areas.
The Main Underwriting Parts Of The Group Are
- Hiscox UK and Europe offers a range of specialist insurance for professionals and business customers, as well as high net worth individuals.
- Hiscox International includes operations in USA, Guernsey and Direct Asia offering a range of specialist insurance.
- Hiscox London Market, Hiscox Re and Hiscox MGA underwrites mainly internationally traded business in the London and Bermuda insurance markets – generally large or complex business which needs to be shared with other insurers or needs the international licences of Lloyd’s.
Our business philosophy
The best people
Any business is only as good as the people it employs, and we employ the best in the business. We empower our people to provide the type of insurance solutions which are often too complex for other insurance companies, and aim to provide our customers with a level of personal attention that standard insurers might not be able to.
We are committed to developing our staff through our graduate programme, mentoring, in-house and external training, and our professional approach to setting standards is best practice. We are also members of the Chartered Insurance Institute, which has a long history of championing professional standards within the industry, and many of our people have become – or are in the process of becoming – CII accredited.
The best clients
Hiscox has three vital questions for every risk – “Who is the insured? Who is the insured? Who is the insured?”. Who we insure is as important as what we insure. Whatever the business, be it a global oil company or a one man professional practice, we are interested in the management and how the business is run. Our belief is that the good insured always pays too much, and the bad insured too little. By seeking out the good insureds and avoiding the bad, we are able to offer wide cover at reasonable premiums.
All of our products have been designed with our customers’ specific needs in mind. Creative use of technology has also improved distribution and enabled us to respond even more quickly and effectively to our customers. Unlike many of our competitors, Hiscox really is an organisation that thrives on change.
This role will be divided in 50% of your time to support HR in Germany and 50% to support HR in Portugal. In this role you will directly support the HR Manager for Germany and HR Manager Iberia and Benelux to provide high quality HR administration, recruitment and selection and learning and development to the business in Portugal and Germany.
In addition to having core support tasks, you will either take responsibility for or contribute towards specific HR projects as required.
- Accurate input of employee data in the HR tool Workday and Peoplefluent.
- Administration of holiday requests.
- Analysis of workday data and other data.
- Preparation and analysis of illness statistics
- Administration of internal and external trainings (vendor management, room bookings, attendees admin).
- Preparation of payroll reporting.
- Recruiting administration (applicants admin of inboxes, send invitations, rejection letters, upload job ad and cooperate with external agency).
- Administration of employee files and documents (hardcopy and online files).
- Monitoring of anniversaries.
- Preparation of certificates and other employee documents.
- Preparation of information for audit department.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process from initial discussion with the recruiting manager through to offer. Ensure the right people are hired who demonstrate the skills required and core values of the business.
- Add vacancies to recruitment portal and ensure that roles are advertised internally and externally and in the correct style and format.
- Liaising with agencies, monitoring responses by updating HR database, arranging interviews.
- Administer and feedback ability tests for Admin/Support roles.
- Send out psychometric tests where required and ensure that responses are sent to the appropriate recruiter.
- Maintain and update the HR database and HR Intranet site, to ensure all Management Information reports can be produced accurately.
- Generate offers to candidates and apply for references and track responses.
- Deliver training solutions to groups of employees on topics such as performance and recruitment.
- Update the Training Plan and Training Calendar.
- Support the Learning and Development activity in terms of room booking, training materials and sessions evaluation.
- Prepare the monthly L&D report.
- Support the employment contract management.
- Organise the induction process and support the new joiner photography process.
- Accurate filing of employee records (hard and soft)
- Familiar with and able to share information on HR policies/procedures & answer simple questions from employees.
- Providing administrative support on HR process e.g. Performance/Development Review.
- Work closely with line managers to achieve business objectives through demonstrating best practice in areas such as recruitment and learning and development.
- Support specific HR projects and contribute to the achievement of the overall HR priorities. Recent examples include:- design of an assessment centre , involvement in the development of a training programme.
- Degree in Human Resources or similar.
- Previous experience in a high volume HR administration role within a professional environment.
- Advance command of English, Portuguese and German language.
- Previous experience in recruitment and selection and learning and development in an international and multicultural professional context.
- Advanced Excel, intermediate to advanced word and at least basic PowerPoint is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexible/proactive – can do attitude who shows initiative to support others without being asked.
- Team player – questions, challenges and plays part in support of the team to provide professional service.
- Competent self starter who can use initiative in the absence of close supervision.
- Organised and accurate in delivery of work with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines whilst prioritising own work load.
- Excellent communication skills/customer focused.
- Discreet, professional – able to handle confidential/sensitive information and involve the appropriate people.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels.
- A completer finisher who takes responsibility and accountability for their work and is prepared to see the task through.
- Able on occasions to stay beyond normal working hours to help meet team deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to influence change.
- Experience across a range of HR activities in a professional HR team.
- Drive / energy and a track record of attaining high standards.
- An interest in business, intellectually curious and ability to analyse.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Hiscox during a time of focused growth where you will have the remit to make a real difference.
Hiscox offers an environment where you are encouraged to grow with the team and this is an exciting time to be joining this fast growing organisation. There will be plenty of opportunity for on the job career development within a supportive environment.