This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading global pharmaceutical organisation. My client are seeking an experienced procurement professional to join their expanding team as part of their strategic development segment. You should have experience of working globally and available to travel up to 40% of the time. You will need to be native mandarin speaker and have a good mix between western and Chinese cultures.
- Deploy purchasing strategies for the categories under management;
- Execute all the required operational activities related with procurement and management of materials and services required for the company, according with the defined policies;
- Manage suppliers’ relationship (operational level), establishing sustainable and reliable partnerships, according to the supplier segmentation established;
- Negotiate the best purchasing terms and conditions according to the Purchasing Policy of the Company;
- Liaise with other sites to ensure the right level of spend is captured and consolidated, and economies of scale attained, thereby leveraging the company’s global buying power;
- Perform regular market analysis and benchmarking to ensure the continuous improvement in both cost and quality;
- Enhance the level of service for new projects in terms of speed to market and cost;
- Improve right first time quality, promote external and internal efficiencies;
- Foster people development at multiple sites;
- Enable new businesses, develop and promote frequent make vs. buy analysis and trigger innovation from the supplier base.
- Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related / professional experience;
- Willing to travel; Available to relocate and station in China
- Fluent in English and Chinese, knowledge of Portuguese is a plus
- ·Good knowledge of the Chinese pharmaceuticals market culture and ability to speak the market language (preferred)
- Pharmaceutical Sourcing and Procurement experience (preferred)
- GMP/HSE operational experience at pharmaceutical manufacturing organization (preferred)
- Preferably have certified auditing experience (e.g. ISO, ICHQ7)
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills, easily adapted to multi-cultural environments.
- Autonomy, dynamism, flexibility and capacity to work under pressure in simultaneous multi-projects
- Good organization, precision and responsibility
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Good sense of team work
- Ability to continuously challenge the status quo, develop new concepts and break “change management barriers”