Drives and organizes initiatives to improve customer satisfaction in own responsibility area.
Main Responsibility Area
Identifies, prioritizes and coordinates solving of demanding and/or business critical problems and communicates them to key stakeholders. Leads pilots and trials. Initiates and manages product, care and process improvement projects. Drives needed changes in own technology area. May support areas by participating in emergency and 24/7 duty. Is responsible for knowledge sharing in own technology area. Influences relevant functions (e.g. product management and R&D).
Performs Core Network Design and Optimization tasks from customer entry strategy to service execution, including customer presentation and customer consulting. He/ She is accountable for timely development and delivery of complex engineering design and support deliveries, his/her focus is mainly on MBB Core domains (CS,PS) . This includes development of network architecture design (HLD , LLD) , configuration, capacity planning ,network interface analysis and design, and overall engineering support. It also involves network performance assessments, enhancements (optimization) and audits.
- Interfaces with customers to provide network design and performance related services, according to the solutions portfolio;
- Performs critical (sometimes escalated) design and performance activities in customer projects independently. These may include complex problem solving in projects with performance requirements and multi-vendor environment;
- Participates in or develop detailed designs of the Rel4 CS Core Network in the logical order of network level designs, network element designs, and data fills;
- Provides network planning and optimization services to support customers;
in network rollout/modernization (i.e. ATCA MSS/MGW modernization, HLR migrations).
- Provides technical solutions in agreement with operator’s engineering departments; delivering Detailed Design (LLD) and documentation for test environment definition; providing technical clarifications for best usage of new or existing functionalities; supporting Acceptance Testing; actively contributing to troubleshooting and ensuring smooth deployment of new services or features in live network; evaluating dimensioning aspects on a need-to basis;
- Impact assessment of configuration changes on services and network performances;
- Interface to customer regarding technical issues and discussions;
- Develops and support the execution of test plans, implementation plans, procedures, test specs and test cases;
- Delivers customer presentations, workshops and trainings. e.g. is able to create and prepare design and/or optimization guideline documentation;
- Delivers of advanced network design and performance training;
- Actively shares key learnings and project documentation within own technical community.
- Strong contributor to competence transfer by coaching and community activities;
- Organizes and performs network audit (capacity, performances, configurations),analysis and reporting;
- Performing ad-hoc analysis on specific topics such as investigating root causes and possible solutions for severe failures;
- Contributing to the definition of requirements for new features development requests from operator by managing information exchange with Nokia R&D teams.
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience in Rel4 Core network design and optimization;
- Strong Telecom fundamentals and understanding of Mobile Core networks (CS/PS);
- Strong understanding of technical specification (like 3GPP,LTE) relevant to CS/PS domain;
- Strong experience with protocols like SS7, SIGTRAN,SIP, SIP-I ,GSM/UMTS/LTE., MAP/ISUP/, TCP/IP;
- Strong Technical competence on Nokia Rel4 CS Core network elements: ATCA&DX MSS/TAS (NVS), MGW , HLR;
- Strong experience with Core network modernization design and optimization (new ATCA MSS/MGWs introduction) : analysis , HLD, LLD, Troubleshooting and support;
- Excellent knowledge of call control, signaling, digit analysis;
- Knowledge of Advanced Routing concepts in open MSS;
- Capability for Data integration production ( open MSS , open MGW);
- Knowledge of Network Dimensioning and Performance Measurement tools;
- Applies knowledge and skills to analyze and resolve complex network problems;
- Ability to fully setup and independently deliver services;
- Ability to manage and lead medium sized projects;
- Ability to guide colleagues and customers on technology and engineering aspects;
- Documentation and presentation competences;
- Ability to deliver standard training sessions to internal and external customers;
- Knowledge of Telco cloud solutions and virtualization (vCloud) skills are an added advantage for the position;
- Strong presentation and technical consulting skills;
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Personal Attributes:
- Fluent written/spoken in English;
- Willing to travel;
- Flexible and ready for new challenges outside his/her comfort zone;
- Highly engaged and motivated;
- Innovative, Open mind, Collaborative;
- Engaged to keep competences updated;
- Quality oriented and Focused on execution excellence;
- Consistent in using standard processes and tools;
- Cost consciousness;
- Able to work and take decisions independently;
- Able to lead a team from technical point of view;
- Effective player in multi-cultural teams;
- Practical and results oriented;
- Problem Solver;
- Self organized;
- Effective communication;
- Presentation, communications skills.