Manage a team of engineers and engage with customers within the Managed and unmanaged Support Business to achieve high customer satisfaction leading to effective product deployment and productive use of Microsoft technology. CSS Manager is a people and business manager role and is accountable for a team of individual contributors that deliver technical support (proactive and reactive) and empower customer self-help.
This requires building and maintaining an effective team, networking and collaboration, operational excellence and getting results through others. In general, the focus involves managing the resolution of technical cases (both frontline and escalations). On occasion, the focus of the CSS Manager requires the handling of escalated customer issues which include direct customer communications/interactions.
In conjunction with Microsoft Services, CSS is empowered to provide end-to-end support and consulting services to our customers that enable the rapid adoption, deployment and productive use of Microsoft products and technologies.
Together with our partners, we develop and integrate the best knowledge and know-how in the industry with Microsoft products and technologies to solve customer problems.
- Responsible for ensuring the team delivers the highest levels of customer satisfaction in engagements
- Manage a team of engineers
- Hiring process management
- Proven locator and attractor of talent
- Coach, mentor, develop team members and conduct performance reviews, acting as a point of escalation.
- Work with other Managers and Readiness Manager on skill development to ensure engineers deliver on value proposition and new service offerings when apply
- Demonstrate excellent business management by ensuring that accounts are renewed on time and technical capabilities meet forecasted delivery needs, supporting stakeholders to upsell into target accounts and realizing additional revenue opportunities
- Responsible for providing all relevant information to the CSS Group Manager to build the budget planning and business results Key Success Criteria Key Success Criteria
- Customer Satisfaction
- Employee Development
- Work Health Index
- Progress against group Readiness plans including Technical, Service Management, and Professional skills including Certifications when required
- Operational excellence (team utilization)
- Market share
- Collaboration with stakeholders
- Managing to Budgeted cost per head
- Agile Resourcing * Hiring and managing a high performing team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1) Essential Experience
- Experience and Passion for managing a team
- History of working with strategic customers
- Related industry experience
- Exposure to senior executives and critical situations * IT industry experience including either account management, business management or consulting experience
2) Technical/Functional Skills
- Broad technical understanding
- Analytical skills
3) Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
- Customer focus
- Passion for services
- Passion for people development
- Conflict Resolution experience and ability
- Results and solutions oriented
- Ability to take risks
- Degree Level or equivalent
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication skills both in English.
- Any other spoken language would be a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief.