Data Insights Consultant
The Microsoft Data Insights Global Domain (DIGD) is hiring Data Insights consultants to join our international team. As a Data Insights consultant you work with customers and delivery partners to help define and deliver leading edge Data Platform and BI solutions on premise or in the cloud. You are able to communicate your findings both orally and visually. You act as a trusted advisor for our enterprise customers. You advise, lead and challenge them when it comes to Data Insights.
Building upon solid IT project experience a Data Insight Consultant will work with the team, internal collaborators and external partners, to assist our customers in:
- The delivery of high quality project engagements around Microsoft’s SQL Server and Business Intelligence (BI) solutions in various client environments.
- Design and implementation of data warehousing solutions based on Microsoft SQL Server and related products (SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2012/2014, PDW, SQL Azure, APS, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS).
- Performance assessments, optimizations and enhancements of deployed Microsoft Data Warehouse solutions.
- Implementing expected Data Security, high availability and scalability of deployed databases.
- Build, design and develop Corporate Data Platform and Analytics solutions using the latest Microsoft products and technologies on premise and in Azure.
The role requires deep knowledge in designing, planning, testing and deploying data warehouse and reporting solutions including the following:
- Experience in projects involving database migration to SQL Server, developing with SQL Server, implementing Data Models, Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, reporting dashboards, Self-Service BI and Power BI, Big Data, Advanced Analytics
- Experience in enhancing Data Warehouse solutions using multiple database technologies
- Experience in large database solutions, on premises, cloud and hybrid implementations
- Strong experience in database replication, performance and security tuning
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft, or other similar technologies, is a plus
- Expertise in open source and/or competitive platforms
- Working knowledge of specialized tools and solution providers whether they be Microsoft partners or competitors
- Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies
- Strong, demonstrated consulting skills
- Experience with leading services delivery teams and delivery management
- Experience driving presales opportunities, leading customer workshops/briefings
Additionally, experience in any of the following will be considered favorably:
- Big Data stack: MapReduce, Hadoop, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume
- ETL technologies: Talend, Pentaho, Informatica, etc
- DW: Relational (Oracle, Teradata, Netteza, SAP HANA), columnar (RedShift, Vertica), noSQL (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra – key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores)
- Languages: Java, Python, R, F#, C#
- Analytical tools, languages, or libraries: SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout)
Candidates must be fluent in English (spoken and written).
Travel of min 50%, through EMEA, is an integral expectation of this position as the needs of our customers and our business demand.
Microsoft Services is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As one of the largest divisions inside Microsoft – with over 21,500 employees worldwide – this diverse team includes architects, consultants, support professionals, sales, and business leaders who serve customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. Simply put, we help customers get the most out of their technology investments. We are proud to be the face of Microsoft to many of our customers and partners. The power of that connection, in addition to understanding how they use our products, helps us deliver the voice of our customers back to our business groups to make our technology and Microsoft even better.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.