Store of the Future a new unit dedicated to bridge the physical and digital world; changing the way people shop for fashion.
Farfetch Store of The Future Labs is a new team dedicated to solve tough problems and brainstorm new ideas, focusing our work both in prototyping new business concepts and trying out new technologies (or even looking at old ones in a new way) in a rapid prototyping approach.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end development of iOS applications driving the long-term mobile strategy planned for Farfetch. This role isn’t just about writing Swift, you will also cross paths with .NET, Python, node.js and other emerging technologies in various areas of our technical stack.
- Drive feature development and help improve end-to-end product quality
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology
- Work closely with other Product Development teams to improve consistency and timing of releases
- Help to define best practices for iOS in Behaviour Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Influence not just how we build individual features and products, but also contribute with knowledge and ideas for our best practises regarding development and automated testing
Key skills and experience
- 2+ years of experience working in mobile app development
- Experience in working with Swift or Objective-C, Xcode and Cocoa Touch frameworks
- Familiarity with current best practices for iOS development
- Understand of not only the UI and client development, but also the data model and the API stack
- Eager to get nerdy about memory management, UI layout and rendering, or network performance
- History of successful apps shipped to the App Store that you are proud of and that demonstrate your commitment to quality and detail
- Detail oriented and excellent teamwork skills
- Energetic, creative and fun to work with