The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is accountable for the subsidiary revenue, scorecard and market share for their assigned products in the Subsidiary. The PMM is required to have a strong understanding of business applications, their solution portfolio (specifically at the 200-300 level), and a deep understanding of customer solutions and strategies. This role is seen as the voice of the products they represent within the subsidiary as well as the leader and the spokesperson for their solution portfolio. In addition, they must be able to articulate the local competitive landscape and develop local compete strategies and product differentiation by leveraging corporate and local research, partner insights and customer feedback. The PMM is responsible for leveraging customer needs, competitive knowledge and product expertise to drive the relevant business and marketing planning.
The Product Marketing Manager understands, orchestrates, and influences campaigns and marketing activities, and delivers product and campaign feedback to the business. An essential aspect of the role of the Product Marketing Manager is to align the content, timing and delivery of marketing messages and outreach to Microsoft’s customers and partners. The PMM must develop strong partnerships with the segment marketers, customer and partner segment stakeholders to lead and execute the fiscal year local priorities. All relevant marketing teams need to work together to create the most impactful marketing strategy and execution plan possible by customer segment, minimizing ad-hoc and unintegrated customer and partner outreach. The various messages need to be very well aligned, with the end goal of supporting a One Microsoft motion. The PMM is an ambassador of the overall product brand and Microsoft customer and partner experience.
The Impact You’ll Be Making:
Integrated Marketing Planning: 20% of time
- Own the local product marketing strategy for driving ERP cloud revenue growth
- Orchestrate the creation of marketing plans and campaign investment decisions based on market opportunity and analysis, partner ecosystem and competitive landscape. Lead targeting for product marketing-owned campaigns and activities, partner with segment/channel teams to prioritize investment decisions for non-product-marketing owned activities
- Conduct competitive analysis and develop competitive tactics to drive target market share gains
- Determine a common set of key performance indicators for marketing activities in collaboration with other teams involved (e.g. segment marketing, audience marketing, other business groups)
- Conduct the [Transform & Innovate Business Operations] [Financials] business pillar reviews to support BG lead in value propositions
- Understands the partner ecosystem that supports their solution portfolio and aligns with partner roles for partner capacity and partner marketing planning
- Collaborates with partner team to provide guidance and recommendations that supports the required capacity and capability plans
Product Evangelism: 40% of time
- Maintain product knowledge and evangelize the solution portfolio supporting the [Transform & Innovate Business Operations] [Financials] scenarios internally and externally to press, enthusiasts, influencers and pre-sales customer scenarios. Lead with a connected sales and marketing approach that focuses on the ‘what’, the ‘where’, and the ‘how’.
- Leverage tools and resources provided by corporate to provide product/solution related content such as customer benefit, messaging, competitive differentiators, scripts/demos, value propositions, storytelling to line of business decision maker audience and technical audiences as appropriate
- Adjust and provide differentiated value proposition and compelling, localized product-related content, product bill of materials (BOM) (to-customer and to/thru-partner) embracing solution selling approach
- Lead product launch activities and contribute to partner readiness and product evangelism delivery and business development
- Create campaign/program business plan and campaign investment decisions for business group owned campaigns and activities partnering closely with MBS Audience Marketing Manager
- Work closely with corporate, sales and segment teams to develop customer advocacy strategy and stories
- Provide customer and partner product and commercial feedback to the relevant regional and corporate product teams
Program/Campaign Execution: 10% of time
- Manage [Transform & Innovate Business Operations] [Financials] scenarios and engage with key stakeholders (i.e. segment teams, other business groups, audience marketing ) ensuring successful execution
- Execute product launches supporting the ERP cloud strategy
- Actively engage across segment teams and and the subsidiary supporting a One Microsoft approach
- Act as the voice of the field by ensuring timely updates/feedback to corporate stakeholders on product marketing and campaign execution in subsidiary
- Drive awareness of promotions/offers to key stakeholders across sales, partner, marketing roles
- Provide relevant content and messaging optimizing the customer engagement, digital experiences and successful campaign execution
- Track and report marketing performance/key performance indicators through standardized marketing tools
Business Management: 30% of time
- Own and drive segment key performance indicators and scorecard metrics related to the rhythm of the business (ROB) and orchestrate correction of error plans with segment teams
- Develop local business management strategy—partner with segment teams to interpret market opportunity and risk and build appropriate go-to-market/correction of errors plan
- Determine key insights and asks to accelerate adoption of products, qualify inhibitors (with recommendations) to escalate to subsidiary leadership team and corporate
- Participate in preparation for Mid-Year Review and connection meetings as appropriate
- Participate in quarterly connection meetings with corporate to support the local business group lead
Who we’re looking for?
Experience: 5-8 years of related experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business, Computer Science. MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Evangelist and subject matter expert for product/solution
- Strong analytical skills and results oriented marketing
- Understanding of line of business decision maker audience and ERP cloud solutions
- Product marketing experience within a consultative solution selling model
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate across a complex matrix environment and skills to work with both internal and external audiences as a spokesperson and advocate is a must
- Deep customer focus and ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Proven decision-making skills and deal with ambiguous situations
Ability to effectively influence others across virtual teams to achieve specific objectives
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.