The Services Solution Specialist is a trusted advisor to Microsoft’s Enterprise customers. Working with all elements of Microsoft’s virtual team, once the opportunity has been formally assigned to them at the Opportunity Review Board (ORB) the SSSP leads the deal on behalf of the Services Sales team.
- Be the Subject matter expert in selling solutions within The Modern Apps and Data Insights Domain.
- Sell end-to-end advanced Solutions, including Support, within The Modern Apps and Data Insights Domain.
- Drive revenue for The Modern Apps and Data Insights Domain, and intentionally sell using the scenarios and other IP defined within Services Portfolio.
- Sell to key Business and Technical Decision Makers for opportunities within The Modern Apps and Data Insights Domain.
- Help create demand and ggenerate pipeline by working with Segment counterparts and Area Marketing, aligned to The Modern Apps and Data Insights Domain portfolio.
- Partner with other roles across the virtual Microsoft team to orchestrate opportunity pursuit.
Skills & Competencies
- Delivers value in Customer relationships, based on customer business outcomes and priorities.
- Demonstrates listening and consultative role-modelling using “story-telling”
- Develops strong relationships with Business Decision Makers and Technical Decision Makers throughout the customer’s organization.
- Communicates clearly and persuasively.
- Ensures proactive customer planning, championing the importance of joint planning both internally (across the internal virtual sales teams) and with the customer.
- Leverages business model, industry and vertical expertise to create plans and solutions.
- Proactively seeks and leverages diverse organizational perspectives to bring together creative, relevant customer solutions that drive business impact.
- Creates, and sustains partnerships and virtual teams with other Microsoft and Partner stakeholder groups to provide value for customers.
- Builds and sustains long-term and profitable customer relationships, successfully balancing customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
Knowledge & Capabilities
- Executes recognized sales strategies and processes including: account planning; pipeline & opportunity management & forecasting; & deal strategy, close planning & stakeholder management.
- Understands market-specifics in multiple sectors/industries.
- Subject matter expert in The Modern Apps and Data Insights Domain and how to shape Microsoft solutions.
- Drives complex solution sales against the domain-specific industry competitors.
Experience & Results
- Degree Qualified – BA or BSc
- 10+ years of experience in solution sales
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief”