BNP Paribas Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB):
- Leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses.
- Part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change.
- Our excellence is widely recognised by the industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES: as a Senior Project Manager / Consultant you will advise or manage end-to-end projects, ensuring the key outcomes are delivered:
- Develop strong relationships with Management, Businesses and Functions to define best strategies and constructively challenge them in terms of tools, governance and planning for the initiatives.
- Leverage on the team’s expertise to select the most appropriate approaches.
- Able to understand functional aspects of a project (i.e. rationale, benefits, architecture), asking the relevant questions and challenging when appropriate.
- Implement Transformations undertaking the appropriate tasks during each of the different phases of project management:
- Initiation phase, including Business Case & Risk Assessment.
- Planning phase, including resources plan, estimations and bandwidth management.
- Execution phase, including project timelines versus plan, monitoring project progress, grasping and anticipating risks and issues to be escalated to management, manage the communication plan (presenting project updates to the Project Steerco).
- Closure phase, including business case versus actual accomplishments.
- Act ethically, respecting the CIB values, rules and compliances directives.
Education, Qualifications and Training:
- Business School or Master’s Degree or Engineering School.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Project management or other consulting experience.
- Solid experience in program/project management required.
- Previous experience in an investment banking and/or strategy consulting will be appreciated.
Work Based Competencies:
- Strong project management skills and capacity to act as an advisor.
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint.
- Fluent in English (fluent in French is a plus).
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication, including clear structure and main point communication.
- Highly organized: able to multi-tasking (i.e. work on several initiatives at same time) e.g. manage multiple project plans / budgets while maintaining accuracy and handling fine details.
- Strong attention to detail: be the go to person for project progress, task status, budget (forecasts/actuals), milestones, resources plans and schedules).
- Able to simplify complex information in a clearly organized, appropriate and visually interesting manner.
- Conduct effective and creative research and analysis for a task clearly defined by a more senior colleague.
- Ability to successfully execute quantitative analysis / modelling (effectiveness in the use of computer tools).
- Client service mind-set: able to understand client’s thoughts and feelings and to put internal client / project needs in front of everything else.
- Energetic, proactive, determined, drives change, positive, goal focused and consistent.
- Seek to achieve the objectives set within the defined timeframe, by acting with tenacity, and by balancing costs and profit.
- Able to independently structure the problems of one project module.
- Able to go beyond existing frameworks by suggesting new ideas which are suitable for clients and / or the organization.
- Create an open and supportive atmosphere for discussion, encouraging others to express themselves.
- Present convincingly at the respective client level and adopt a communication style which is open, critical and constructive.
- Provide honest and independent advice.
- Act with discretion, privacy, respecting confidentiality.