ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal and Italy. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
Reporting to the Maintenance & Utilities Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor leads the maintenance technicians in the provision of an effective maintenance service to all plant and/or equipment’s.
POSITION STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES AND KEY DELIVERABLES
- Ensure that maintenance procedures, engineering standards, risk assessments and other requirements are kept current.
- Complete maintenance plans on time and in full, leading the maintenance team the most efficient way.
- Complete plant improvement projects as per agreed schedules.
- Meet or improve all Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental targets.
- To support measures to reduce the risk of intentional contamination of Sidul products during maintenance activities – food safety.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, schedule and agree daily/weekly workload with the Maintenance & Utilities Manager, incorporating preventative, predictive and reactive activities.
- Assist the Reliability Engineer in the planning and scoping of planned line overhauls, including spares lists.
- Gain detailed understanding of the plant operations with the intention of suggesting and owning improvements to the different processes and equipment.
- Coordinate personnel required to complete maintenance assignments: supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
- Support Continuous Improvement actions and participate in meetings.
- Complete RCA (Root Cause Analysis) on component failures, generating and implementing modifications and improvements to address reliability and performance issues within the plant.
- Record usage of spares in SAP in order to maintain accurate SAP inventories.
- Liaise with suppliers, raise purchase requisitions and complete goods and service entry receipts.
- Participate in capital projects at all stages of implementation through to commissioning.
- Organise and undertake statutory safety checks where required and maintain records as necessary for compliance.
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to mentor contractors and operating teams.
- Experience with sourcing, selection, and application of a wide variety of mechanical equipment and related devices.
- Knowledge of planned, predictive, RCM and other maintenance techniques.
- Multi-skilled in a range of engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical, control, instrumentation).
- Planning skills.
- Self-motivated with desire for continual personal development.
- Demonstration of the ability to break problems down to the root cause and provide long term solutions.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAP PM.
- Fluent in English.
- Heat resistant and in good shape.
- Available to work on weekends or Holydays.
ESSENTIAL WORK EXPERIENCES
- Experience in heavy duty maintenance ( E.g. Shipyards, Cement, Mining, Paper).
- Experience in managing aspects of Quality, Safety, Hygiene and Environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance.
- Good facilitator and ideally with knowledge of Lean or CI tools.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- To have a level 4 technical grade in mechanical or similar.
- To have a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering fields.
- For more than 100 years, our employees have taken pride in “Making Life a Little Sweeter” by providing our customers and consumers with quality service and sugar products. Our commitment to that principle drives us in all that we do and encourages us to uphold our company’s high ethical standards of business conduct to ensure our continued success.