Invacare’s vision is to design, manufacture and deliver the best value in medical products that promote recovery and active lifestyles – making life’s experiences possible.
Invacare seeks an enthusiastic and talented professional to join in the position of Lean Manager EMEA based in Porto, Portugal.
In order to answer to today’s market demands and be prepared for future challenges by consolidating and enhancing our competencies, improving manufacturing and suppliers operations and procedures and strengthening Invacare’s operations and supplier base. Reporting to the VP Supply Chain EMEA the main purpose of this role is to use our people talents to produce our customer products at the pace of customer demand using optimal resources, achieving lowest total cost with Six Sigma quality across the entire value stream, standardize processes and procedures all over European productions sites, lead operations and suppliers.
As Lean Manager EMEA your main purpose will be:
- Developing, deploying and implementing the European lean strategy
- Collaboration with Operations management to assess the current state of the plant’s operations; developing future state vision and implementation plan, implement future state
- Playing the role of a key influencer and ambassador for lean management and six sigma in the plants
- Co-working and coordinating with external lean consultant company if necessary and applicable
- Building capability through stakeholder training and engagement of existing and potential new talent in the organization
- Being accountable for the impact on Operational Cost
- Standardizing processes and procedures in European production sites
- Leading and supporting operations projects at headquarter level in Europe
- Lead a team of associates (dotted line reports) in headquarters and/or production sites and with potential structure of straight line reports in the future
- Education: Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Preferred Training: problem solving, six sigma, lean manufacturing concepts etc.
- Operational experience in an industrial environment
- A minimum of 3-5 years in a similar/compatible manager role
- Previous experience of working in a multinational organisation and across cultures & countries
- Contemporary modes of working and compensation models
- Calculation of “standard times” using tools such as MTM, UAS, MEK, etc.
- Dealing with unions and staff associations
- A proven ability to work across cultures and countries
- To be highly numerate and have a thorough understanding of Lean/Six Sigma /Continuous Improvement
- Fluent English – other European Languages would be a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communication skills and ability to liaise and work with people at all levels within the organisation
- Able to train / educate associates in the company on Lean / Six Sigma
- Proven business/financial acumen, including demonstrated ability to motivate, influence, solve complex problems, and drive change at all levels of the organization
It is important in this position to enjoy working in a multi-cultural/multi-national environment and to regard international travel as a positive attribute of the role (70-80% travel)