For a large multinational high-tech company in Eindhoven area in the Netherlands we are looking for a Senior Java Developer who is passionate about using state of the art Java based technologies and is able to shape applications and bring innovations to life.
Are you the Senior Java Developer who is passionate about using state of the art JVM based languages, frameworks and development concepts? Do you have a natural drive to bring concepts to life, using an Agile way of working? Are you eager to work with teams that operate using Continuous Delivery and Cloud Infrastructure then we’re looking for you!
- Design and develop software applications from concept until release.
- Responsible for the overall implementation & quality of software products.
- Take responsibility for leading development projects with minimal supervision including assisting and mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Ensure that there is proper documentation for the developed software/hardware (Technical Product Documentation).
- Keep abreast of technical developments in own field through study of the literature and technical contacts.
The Application Software and Systems Development department has a strong link to a wide range of the company’s businesses supporting the innovation cycle from early concept into development in an Agile way. It focuses on first of a kind concept development and prototypes with a software related core. The department is using state of the art languages and frameworks with Agile methods like i.e. pair programming, behaviour driven development and continuous improvement. In addition the department has an expertise on behavioural change engines and artificial intelligence.
- At least a Bachelor degree in software or electronics engineering or other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years Java Development experience, using JVM Based Open source frameworks such as Spring Boot, Grails, etc.
- Broad knowledge of Internet technologies such as Web services, Restful API’s, Apache, Open Source projects.
- At least 3 years Agile framework experience, and the ability to apply best practices using industry standards throughout all software developed.
- An analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with a good balance to application.
- Someone who is eager to learn and improve e.g. by new technologies, process improvements.
- Someone who structures his own work and shows a positive and proactive attitude towards, e.g., starting from marginally documented and/or experimental software.
Salary and benefits:
- Highly competitive salary.
- 30% tax ruling (a tax free allowance equivalent to 30% of the gross salary).
- Holiday allowance.
- Permanent employment.
- Personal development.