For a large multinational high-tech company in Eindhoven area in the Netherlands we are looking for a Web Developer able to shape applications and bring them to life. Are you the motivated and energetic type of person who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and really takes pride in his/her work?
The main responsibilities are:
- Design and build scalable front end applications based on the latest HTML5/AngularJS technologies.
- Work with back end developers on defining REST interfaces between Front End application and Backend Systems.
- Work with User Interface and Visual Designers to develop a pixel perfect version of their designs.
- Keep abreast of technical developments in own field through study of the literature and technical contacts.
The Application Software and Systems Development department has a strong link to a wide range of the company’s businesses supporting the innovation cycle from early concept into development in an Agile way. It focuses on first of a kind concept development and prototypes with a software related core. The department is using state of the art languages and frameworks with Agile methods like i.e. pair programming, behaviour driven development and continuous improvement. In addition the department has an expertise on behavioural change engines and artificial intelligence.
- At least a Bachelor degree in software or electronics engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Experience with implementing Responsive Design, targeting desktop, mobile and tablet form factors.
- TDD or BDD skills with one or more of the following: Protractor, Jasmine, Mocha, qUnit, Chai.
- An analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with a good balance to application.
- Someone who is eager to learn and improve e.g. by new technologies, process improvements.
- Someone who structures his own work and shows a positive and proactive attitude towards e.g., starting from marginally documented and/or experimental software.
Salary and benefits:
- Highly competitive salary.
- 30% tax ruling (a tax free allowance equivalent to 30% of the gross salary).
- Holiday allowance.
- Permanent employment.
- Personal development.