We are searching for Software Designer that will be responsible for assessing and supporting the design and architecture of various Machine to Machine (M2M) services, features and framework modules, communicating and aligning the design with all stakeholders and ensuring a comprehensive and high-quality design will facilitate the successful development and delivery of the next iteration of the M2M platform and services.
- To support the design, documentation, validation and clarification of M2M platforms, systems and services;
- To ensure all solutions adhere to M2M architecture strategy and design principles;
- To guarantee the analysis, clarification and cleaning of business requirements with wider team and business stakeholders;
- To communicate designs and design decisions back to wider team and business stakeholders;
- To support the M2M IT Integration team by technical requirement authoring, comprehensive design documentation and clarification, and supporting the alignment of low-level designs and implementation with the designed solution;
- To evaluate and identify opportunities to apply new technology solutions or ways of working to existing / upcoming products & services and their integration with legacy systems;
- To act as a subject matter expert for legacy- and current iterations of selected environments / ecosystems.
- BSc or MSc level degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Telecommunications;
- More than 3 years of previous experience with combined development and design experience (UML modelling, MVC frameworks, JMS/SOAP/REST, J2EE, OSB, Oracle DB/Exadata, Oracle WebCenter are an advantage);
- Proven track record of design and development experience including team-based projects, following standard software engineering methodologies;
- Good communication and presentation skills (both to technical and business audience);
- Ability to change and quickly adapt in a dynamic software development context on challenging timescales;
- Fluency in English (mandatory) and in any other non-native language (preferable).