Moniva Staffing is currently recruiting Ophthalmologists for a hospital in the middle of Sweden. The clinic is divided into the eye surgery, surgical department and the eyesight centre.
The usual consultation activities are performed in the eye surgery department and there is also an acute unit. Surgical activities are performed in the department’s own operating rooms. Cataract surgery procedures, eyelid changes and intravitreal injections are carried on in these rooms. Posterior segment surgery is not conducted.
- Specialist exam in Ophthalmology.
- Several years of experience in Ophthalmology with the experience and skills to be able to independently handle, investigate, treat and follow up most patients fully.
- Good language learning skills.
- Good social skills.
- EU nationality.
- Ability to work both independently and in a multidisciplinary team.
- It is desirable to have surgical skills, and in the long run to teach surgery to colleagues.
- It is also desirable to have glaucoma profile – both medically but especially surgically.
- As a specialist / head-physician you have to be able to supervise one or two doctors in specialist training within the ophthalmology clinic. You will be required to undergo a supervisor-training. The direction of studies takes place in the department.
- Free Swedish language course (duration 6 months), financial support during the training.
- Help with relocation.
- Salary for doctors without Swedish licence to practise is 38 000 SEK (approx. € 3944 a month). Once you hold a licence to practice in Sweden your salary will be 46 000 SEK (approx. € 4774 a month) in the first 6 months; and 55 000 SEK (approx. € 5764 a month) after the probation period.
Compensation for on-call duty.