Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about.
We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
The Global Black Belt Technology Sales Professional is a technical sales professional within our enterprise sales organization with a special focus on infrastructure advanced workloads. A Global Black Belt Cloud Infrastructure TSP contributes to revenue and market share growth by leading technical engagements to win solutions leveraging the Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure offerings with a specialization in High Performance Computing (HPC).
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
Drive The Technical Decission At The Customer To Buy, Architect, Develop Or Adopt Their Solution Based On Microsoft Technology
- Explain, demonstrate, and prove in-depth what Microsoft’s products and services can do and how to enable and manage them for the largest enterprise customers by driving technical presentations, demonstrations, ADSs, PoC’s and Pilots, leveraging P-Sellers, partners or MCS as needed
- Clear technical, competitive and security blockers to Cloud Infrastructure sales.
- Drive architecture and technical discussion to lead cloud security, privacy, and compliance discussions.
Be The Connection And Orchestration Point For Other Technical Resources
- Provide feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements.
- Communicate and escalate technical, architectural and competitive blockers and insight to their appropriate channel.
- Develop partner engagements for driving the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions.
- Orchestrate cross-workload solutions with other technical resources (internally and from Partner) for other Microsoft products and services.
Stay Sharp And Share Your Knowledge
Continuously nurture and expand your technical, sales, and competitive readiness.
Participate in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, and articles for your domain.
Who we’re looking for…
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Experienced. 10+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles required
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, written, and verbal communication skills required
- Executive Presence. Proven experience engaging with senior level executives preferred
- Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales & services field, Microsoft partners, and Microsoft corporate sales, engineering, and marketing required
- Infrastructure architect. Broad knowledge of and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architecture in the Cloud Infrastructure space with experience in hybrid cloud infrastructure and management required
- Domain-specific subject matter expert. Deep technical knowledge of implementation scenarios for High Performance Computing to apply that to customer advanced workloads including HPC applications from key ISVs (i.e. ANSYS, OpenFOAM, Schlumberger) in Linux and Windows, and key technologies: clustering, RDMA, InfiniBand; and to provide meaningful technical feedback to engineering groups required
- Familiarity with the following technologies HPC Pack, Azure Batch preferred
- Familiarity with the following languages R, Matlab, F#, PowerShell, Phython preferred
- Technical proficiency to quickly learn new and emerging technologies required
- Cloud Trust. Demonstrated knowledge of security, privacy, and compliance and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions preferred
- Planning for success. Understand cloud deployment and adoption planning
- Technical breadth. Enterprise-scale experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations and management of technology required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required
- Certifications in domain-specific (HPC and Linux/OSS) technologies preferred
- Certification in Azure infrastructure exams (70-533 or 70-534) preferred
- Certifications in information security desired
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief.