FRONT OFFICE MANAGER IN PORTUGAL / QUINTA DA LAGO of Monte da Quinta Resort is responsible for overseeing front office operations.
Portuguese and English language is a “MUST”.
Administers front office functions and supervises staff on a daily basis. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Position directs and works with the Management team and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process.
- Education and Experience Bachelor’s degree/higher education qualification/equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration.
- Typically 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of hotel operations and demonstrated commitment to a compliance and quality function.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Supervises and manages employees.
- Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
Monitoring and Supporting Progress Toward Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired results.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans based on review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Displays outstanding hospitality skills.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Interacts with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
About our Resort
At Europe’s end, the Algarve lies a preserved secret that was fashioned for those that value the serenity of cultured natural surroundings. Amidst Quinta do Lago a piece of heaven with 3 of Europe’s best golf courses, a natural park, 3 km of beaches and 1594 acres of pine trees & lakes rests Monte da Quinta Resort with its manicured gardens and unique hospitality approach. We pride ourselves in creating an experience that is enticing for older & younger generations alike.