Our client, a leading Retail Bank is looking for a Country Head of Compliance & AML to join their Compliance Department. The individual would support the Compliance function in identifying and mitigating risks across the business and help to promote a proactive compliance culture within the firm.
- Provide regulatory guidance on new Retail Banking products and distribution services to ensure it complies with Portuguese and EU laws and regulations.
- Provide compliance advice to the senior management and support staff.
- Manage the relationship with Portuguese and other international regulators.
- Liaise with other departments in relation to compliance, including the provision of regulatory support and guidance.
- Provide guidance, advice and interpretation regarding regulatory compliance & AML issues to the business.
- Ensure that effective monitoring and control systems are in place.
- Prepare reports which can be distributed to Senior Management.
- Conduct ongoing compliance risk assessments.
- Develop and monitor complaint Key Performance Indicators to assist in the identification of trends, and to feed into the appraisal process of employees.
- Provide assistance and lead on ad hoc projects when they arise.
The preferred candidate will ideally have extensive compliance background gained within a Retail Bank with strong knowledge of Portugal’s regulatory requirements. Fluency in English and Portuguese is a must. You should also possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to interact at all levels of business effectively.