Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management with over 140,000 employees serving customers in 160 countries. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best – their real business.
Headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut, Xerox provides leading edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data process, HR benefits management, finance support and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organisations worldwide.
- Transition Coordinator takes responsibility and accountability for ensuring that assigned elements/tasks of a project are delivered to the required results – to the required scope, milestones, quality and budget.
- Transition Coordinator supports the Project Managers (as part of a customer facing team) in the transition/implementation of the GDO service as described in the GDO Statement of Work, Project Plans. He/she also supports the identification of new opportunities and management of project change.
- Transition Coordinator is accountable for the agreed elements of a project delivering the expected outcomes which are accepted by the customer(s) identified in the project initiation/planning artefacts, e.g. the business case, project initiation document, etc.
This is mainly coordination and technical management of customer related activities associated with specific work-packages, including due diligence, site level planning, installations and deployment, may be in charge of the technical/day to day operational relationship with the customer.
Transition Coordinator is accountable for delivering specific work packages as agreed in the project plan to the required scope, timescale, quality and budget. He/she may co-ordinate a team of identified resources assigned to the work package as well as managing agreed elements of the relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Manages the delivery of the work package, ensuring that the required results are produced – to the required scope, milestones, quality and budget.
- Ensures that all members of the team understand the project objectives by having a robust project start-up in line with accepted industry practice (e.g. PMI or Prince 2).
- Ensuring appropriate sign off and acceptance of the work package deliverables.
- Improves project and technical quality through the application of specified processes and tools.
- Ongoing planning and co-ordination of the required resources needed to complete the work package on time and to budget.
- Ensures compliance with procedures, quality controls and tools and drives process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships with relevant stakeholders in Xerox, in client or in partner organizations.
- Ensures all project management deliverables (e.g. risk log, project plan, project documentation) are maintained and quality assured regularly by identified stakeholders.
- Manages project risks with the team and client.
- Produces Management Information to show and communicate progress in work packet tasks/ milestones as well as finances.
- Develops and owns work packet communication plan to ensure consistent understanding of progress within key stakeholders. This includes ensuring that the relevant stakeholders are informed of any significant risks or changes and in return obtaining the required decisions and direction.
- Ensures that project timescales and costs are understood and accepted by all relevant stakeholders.
- Manages work packet budget and identifies opportunities for reducing costs and required effort.
- Keeps his/her manager informed of major events/issues concerning its projects.
- Ongoing and periodic monitoring of progress to ensure agreed objectives are delivered on time and within budget, and required results are realized.
- Ensures regular reviews take place and that effective and rigorous change control mechanisms are used and scope changes are escalated and resolved appropriately.
- Ensures adherence to company guidelines and governance processes (e.g. BMPP and TMP).
- Respects and complies with customer specific processes and procedures agreed with Xerox.
- Contributes to the development and sharing of best practice and lessons learnt.
- Contributes to the launch of new service offering.
High School Diploma / (GED) / Secondary School GCSE or equivalent.
Experience in successfully delivering projects to required scope, quality, timescale and budget.
Experience of project work in a small to medium outsourced contract environment.
Has good technical skills and may have developed into this role from a technical background/skill set.
Track record of delivering and working effectively (including remotely and virtually) as part of an extended project team.
It is desirable for Transition Coordinator to have specific Xerox service line technical/operational skills that are supplemented by client facing and good analytical skills.
English mandatory, 2nd foreign language desirable.
Additional Role Requirements:
- Ability to travel as required to customer sites.