Are you one of the top Software Architects in the world? Do enjoy solving the incredibly complex problems that no one else has been able to complete? Are you 10x more productive than the typical developer? Are you interested in earning $100,000 USD while working for the best companies from the comfort of your home? Eager to join a network of the most talented remote workers in the world? If so, this role is for you.
Crossover is redefining the way people work. Brick and mortar offices are history. The future of our global workforce will be built from teams collaborating from every corner of the world. We have embarked on an expedition to find and engage with that talent. Crossover has developed a unique method of finding, curating, and managing remote contractors. Our platform connects customers to the world’s best talent for both technical and non-technical jobs. But we don’t just find the best, we also provide the tools, training, and relationship building support to ensure success for long term growth.
You will play a dynamic leadership role in our fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for developing solutions to complex architectural problems, designing and delivering real enterprise-class software products to customers and being a hands-on peer leader of top development resources. As the owner for the architecture and technical delivery of a multi-million dollar revenue per year enterprise software product, you will effectively work as the CTO of the engagement with a startup mindset, wearing multiple hats from lead architect and developer on the most complex elements of the product to technical team leader to solution evangelist ensuring that the customers are blown away by the technical differentiation and quality of the product.
- Developing expertise in one or more of our proprietary enterprise software products.
- Leveraging your broad technology capability set and maintain a level of excitement in using various technologies to architect, develop, and iteratively deploy real enterprise class software
- Achieving an expert level understanding of our customers’ environments and their use of our products.
- Architecting and leading weekly technical delivery of one or more products in a way that maintains an unyielding focus on quality while matching the needs of the target customer base.
- Creating solutions architecture, algorithms, and designs for solutions that scale to the customer’s enterprise/global requirements
- Leading a small team of Software Engineers to apply software engineering practices and implement automations across all elements of solution delivery
- Manage accountability of team members, with pinpoint focus on quality; Personally accountable for resolution of the most technically challenging issues
Required Education, Experience and Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- At least 8 years of experience on hands-on Java development and related technologies
- Has worked with back end technologies based on both J2EE and latest frameworks like Spring.
- Has experience working with two or more of data related technologies and familiarity with others from various Relational databases, Nosql databases, Caching systems, Full Text Search engines, Big Data systems.
- Has good experience with the TDD approach, doing unit testing, mocking, integration/UI testing, behaviour driver testing.
- Has good experience working with, setting up and configuring any continuous integration and delivery systems, any code quality automation technologies.
- Has good experience working with one or more of architecture patterns and familiarity with others.
- Can resolve serious performance related issues by using various techniques, including testing, debugging and profiling.
- Has experience with one or more cloud or devops services like AWS, Heroku, Digitalocean, etc.
- Has experience with one or more front end technologies including templating, CSS and JS frameworks.
- Has experience or familiarity with any of Virtualization or Containerization technologies.
- Has experience or familiarity with any of Message Queuing/Broking or Service Bus systems.
- Can architect and design apps, review design and code, review and fix tests and functional coverage.
- Has good current hands-on development experience.
- Has experience working with complete product life cycles, quality metrics, evaluating technologies, helping with estimation and budgeting, helping with planning and road maps, helping with pre sales and technical proposals.
- Excellent understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, build and test automation, and networking management
- Ability to engage sophisticated global customers in deep technical discussions, making them confident that you know their problem better than they do
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfort “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world