Are you one of top Software Architects in the world? Do enjoy solving the incredibly complex problems that no one else has been able to complete? Are you 2x more productive than the typical engineer? Are you interested in earning $60,000 USD while working for the best companies from the comfort of your home? Eager to join a network of the most talented remote workers in the world? If so, this role is for you.
Crossover specializes in finding and managing the talent in today’s global workforce and will help you through the recruiting process.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- A ruthless commitment to quality: must write unit testing on both back end and front end
- Extensive problem solving skills
- An ability to communicate clearly regarding complex issues (in English)
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails development
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of functional programming style in Ruby
- Skills for writing reusable Ruby libraries that may be used in expressive ways
- Able to work in a dev-automation environment with some source control, continuous integration/delivery systems
- Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
- Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- MySQL Database
- Basic HTML and CSS
- Optionally worked with Python