As part of the European HR Team, local Management and HR Team, the Human Resource Manager will identify HR initiatives in conjunction with the business needs to further develop the business strategy of Dawn Europe.
Main duties of the role are as follows:
- Implement approved Human Resource policies and advise Management Team on the interpretation and implementation of the company’s Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Review and/or develop Human Resource policies and procedures for the company, ensuring that all policies are in line with current employment legislation
- Develop the training & development strategy for the company with the emphasis on continuous development & team building
- Assist Management Team with the employee relations aspects of the management of change
- Advise Management Team on the handling of grievance and disciplinary matters
- Provide advice to Management Team on terms and conditions of service and all aspects of current and impending employment legislation
- Assist Management Team with the identification of learning needs in conjunction with the performance appraisal review process & assess the effectiveness of course attended.
- Develop information technology within the Human Resources department complementary to existing systems
- Deliver a health & safety screening & advice on long term illness/disability.
- Organize the annual performance appraisal review program & identify individual & organizational training needs
- To manage & control an annual budget in co-operation with European HR
- To source external training courses where appropriate, & organize & lead training courses/seminars where appropriate.
- To maintain an up to date register of Job Descriptions / Person Specifications for all positions within country
- To manage and organize new staff relocation matters, including control of approved reimbursement of expenses, this will include managing a delegated budget.
Required Skills & Experience:
- HR work experience of minimum 5 years
- Educated to Master level in Human Resource Management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working at a similar level within a manufacturing environment
- Foundation Certificate in Food Hygiene /Basic Health & Safety Certificate
- Preferred in a international environment/ matrix organisation
- Ability to travel, i.e. flying, driving, international and local overnight travel as required
- Basic Employment Law Knowledge / HR Professional Qualification
- Must speak fluent Portuguese and English on a good level.