Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying over 116m p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 84 bases, connecting 200 destinations in 31 countries on a fleet of 330 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 350 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 180m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 10,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Ryanair Labs is a state of-the-art digital & IT innovation hub based in Dublin and Wroclaw, creating Europe’s Leading Travel Experience for customers. As a result of our continued expansion, we are opening an new office in the heart of Lisbon City Centre and we want to hear from the best IT developers Lisbon has to offer.
We are looking for talented Full Stack Java developers to join our new digital development team. In this role you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support our applications, website and user interfaces across all channels. We want someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive digital transformation. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essential. You will be joining Ryanair at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers.
- The candidate will possess a keen interest and be up to date with the latest technologies and developments in the software industry.
- The candidate will demonstrate a desire to learn and work with cutting edge technologies and solutions within a high performing team.
- An ability to write end to end solutions for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of and practical experience with Java/J2ee web application development and related application frameworks (e.g Spring).
- A good knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Exposure to and knowledge of software release management techniques including continuous integration and delivery.
- Hands on experience of unit and automated testing.
- An understanding of modern web security techniques.
- Experience of working in an agile or other rapid development environment.
- Delivering best-in-class JAVA EE applications, web services and complex solutions.
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices.
- Proficient in Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Maven
- Experience with JSON, XML and RESTful services
- REST, Unix, Open ID, Oauth, NoSQL, relational database, Jenkins, Jira, junit, iOS, Android
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Adobe Experience Manager, CQ5, CMS solutions.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a fast paced commercial environment