As the Merchant Onboarding Risk Analyst of Paymentwall, you will have the opportunity to drive the growth of the company, as well as identify and effectively manage risks of the merchants and the organization. You will work with Risk, Business Development, Merchant Support, Compliance, Merchant Risk, Integration and Account Management teams from around the world to gather requirements, execute the needs, and manage the risks of a client. The ideal candidate is someone highly motivated and a self-starter who has international exposure, is smart, proactive, and a team player with a positive attitude.
- Perform background checks of potential merchants with internal tools and external resources to assess merchant’s compliance with Terms of Service;
- Identify and measure each merchant’s risk, make appropriate decisions on approving payment options, and set up limits to prevent the risk of fraud, chargebacks, and reserves to cover potential risks;
- Work closely with merchants to make them compliant with internal policies and requirements of payment partners;
- Understand the risks with any new merchant, and help develop policies and procedures to prevent and address possible risks;
- Ensure that the business risk management process is reasonably designed, implemented, updated, and enforced so that it will be effective in preventing excessive business risk taking.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Exceptional data gathering skills and resourcefulness;
- Bachelor degree in related discipline and equivalent proven experience;
- Solid understanding of business models, products, services, types of customers and entities, geographic locations, and the potential risks associated with those activities;
- Good understanding of payment ecosystem and industry;
- Experience problem solving, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns and out-of-the-box thinking;
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and data security standards;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment;
- Excellent team player capable of learning and sharing knowledge in a team environment;
- Capability to collaborate, exchange information, and gain mutual support;
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Financial stability;
- Individual career path;
- Paid vacation;
- Comfortable workplaces with the most up-to-date equipment;
- High energy, international and innovative team;
- Annual assessments;
- Optional business trips;
- Corporate and social events.