Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
“Technical Perfection and automotive passion” is what defines Faurecia. We design, engineer and provide the best in technology, systems and services for automobile makers in every major market on all five continents. If you share our ambition for technical perfection and our passion for all things automotive, Faurecia has a career for you.
“Faurecia, a driving force…for your professional growth.”
Our Faurecia Interior Systems South Europe Division is looking for a Series Buyer V.I.E for its site based at Palmela (Portugal).
The main missions of the role are:
- Identification and implementation of material productivity actions (product / process).
- Actively attend and/or promote plant cross-functional material productivity meetings.
- Present to serial purchasing management the productivity plan of his/her perimeter.
- Challenge and collaborate with commodity buyers to achieve productivity targets.
- Create, update and mantain Plant ERPs serial purchasing data (Supplier contracts, purchase orders, prices,…).
- Liaise with sales department for mandated supplier parts and spares.
- Support plant supply chain and plant supplier quality assurance teams.
- Be involved in the kick off in program phase to prepare the start of production.
- Regular follow-up of program transfers with Program Buyers.
- Lead sourcing process for engineering change requests and/or serial new parts.
This V.I.E mission will start as soon as possible for 12 months (could be renewabled once for 12 months).
The V.I.E., an international young graduate program, enables young professionals who are less than 28 and European Union nationals to work for a French company in any country of the world. Becoming part of this program means going abroad to carry out a professional assignment for up to 24 months whilst benefiting from social care coverage and an interesting salary which depends on the host country. Business France, the French agency for international business development, is in charge of all the administrative procedures of your assignment. For further information, please visit the following link: https://www.civiweb.com/EN/index.aspx
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Minimum Education Level:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business.
- Nice to have: Specialization in international purchasing or supply chain
- First experience or significant apprenticeship experience in an automotive industrial environment, preferably in purchasing.
Skills and competencies:
- Results oriented with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team work sense into an industrial environment
- International mindset, overseas experience a plus
- Ability to involve him/herself quickly into a matrix organization
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge ERP systems (SAP preferably)
- Good knowledge MS Office tools (excel, word …)
- Awareness of productivity
- Understanding of Production, quality and logistics
- Fluent in English
- Intermediate in Portuguese is a plus, basic level in Spanish is a plus.
- Financial skills a plus