OutSystems is a Great Place to Work and its business outlook outpaces almost all competitors, having grown at 50% in 2015. With a unique culture based on 7 simple principles, OutSystems is a recognized industry leader with an enviable portfolio of happy customers, a healthy business model, strong financial position, fantastic culture, and amazing team.
We have a worldwide presence, massive growth and fast paced business model package in a cool and fun workplace.
To attract the best talent, OutSystems also puts in place interesting and innovative perks that contribute to our challenging atmosphere.
The Data Engineer is responsible for ensuring a solid, scalable, and reliable data & analytics infrastructure that can serve as a foundation for all analysis and reporting done at OutSystems by the Data & Analytics team as well as the business analysts.
- Selecting and integrating data tools and framework required to provide our target analytical capabilities capabilities
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.).
- Ensure smooth operation of the entire analytics stack (data pipeline, data lake, analytics apps)
- Create operational metrics to ensure early detection of data flow and data quality issues
- Monitoring analytics stack performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Ensure the right data is ready for consumption by working closely with our data scientists, product owners and business analysts
- Experience processing significant amounts of structured and unstructured data;
- Programming knowledge to clean and process data sets;
- Good communication skills with different audiences (technical and business);
- Experience in modern cloud BI systems including advanced ETL processes;
- Knowledge in data mining, machine learning, natural language processing or information retrieval is a plus;
- Transparency and ability to establish long lasting trusting and supportive relationships with your team and all other stakeholders.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in a data related role;
- Experience in Amazon AWS is a big plus;
- Strong relational database skills (Development, optimization and troubleshooting: Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server);
- Engineering or computer science background;
- Fluency in English, written and spoken (mandatory).