Working for us is like nothing on earth! Every day, our teams challenge the limits of human achievement, engineering solutions for our planet and beyond. Our astronomically talented engineers build rock-solid software for leading industries’ most critical applications.
Now, we’re looking for a talented Business Development Manager to lead our growth in the Maritime Surveillance market. As a company we work with high profile accounts such as, NASA, GE Aviation, BAE Systems, Finmeccanica, Bombardier and Airbus, and have built a solid reputation for delivering high quality and premium value to our customers. Our growth in Maritime is founded on OVERSEE – an award-winning platform designed to support maritime safety, security, and environmental protection organizations. Oversee combines data fusion with data analytics in an innovative way to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of maritime operations
It’s time to challenge your limits. It’s time to give your career the rocket boost it deserves. It’s time you joined CRITICAL Software!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A high-integrity systems and software engineering company that creates and deploys innovative software solutions
- Delivery of high-quality work across a diverse array of market sectors
- An in-depth knowledge and partnership approach, which together ensures excellent results in the development of solutions that simply must not fail
- The benefits package is extensive
- Very flexible working scheme
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake a variety of duties. These include, but are not limited to, responsibilities in all parts of the business development lifecycle:
- Solution and offer definition and positioning
- Lead identification
- Proposal development
- Commercial negotiation
- Account management
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A pro-active communicator, comfortable with end users and customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Open and honest
- Flexibility to adapt and make decisions
- Able to think smarter not just harder
- Caring, dedicated and with a “can do” attitude
- Self-motivation and an enthusiasm for problem solving
- Well organised and a team player
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of working internationally in large Maritime and related accounts.
- Experience across the sales process, including involvement in the production of high quality proposals in small to medium multi-million € projects.
- Account management experience.
- A solid understanding of software and software engineering principles.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the natural ability to quickly forge relationships.
- Ability to quickly grasp different market dynamics and to carry out appropriate market research.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A degree or equivalent in a numerate subject.
- Ability to define and develop business strategies.
- Awareness of high-integrity software-intensive systems and their associated standards.
- Experience of working for both SMEs and large companies.