EMEA CSS (Customer Services and Support) is looking for an energetic, passionate Technical Advisor who will drive the changes needed to resolve cloud customer problems within 24 hours.
This role is in the EMEA Commercial Teleservices SMB team, part of Microsoft’s Customer Services and Support organisation. Our team defines the customer service experience delivered to Microsoft’s commercial customers and partners – for pre-sales, cloud services, on-premise software support, post sales and loyalty programs. We deliver those services through outsourced contact centres across EMEA.
This Technical Advsior role is key to transforming support for commercial cloud customers who have subscription, billing and non-technical issues with Office 365, Windows Intune and CRM Online. You will be at the heart of our strategy to transform support and evolve and scale support Pods for commercial customers. A Pod is an autonomous group of support agents who collectively own customer support scenarios end-to-end, and resolve them within 24 hours. You will develop processes and strategies to eliminate delays and escalations, particularly for complex problems that could be transferred or bounced cross the broad Microsoft commerce ecosystem.
Success in this role requires the ability to analyse issues, problem solve and drive improvements within Cloud Commerce and with other teams (Partner support, Credit Services, Operations, IT). You will work with our support centres day-to-day to understand how agents resolve the top call drivers and the obstacles they encounter, and then drive broad process improvements that span teams, tools, workflow, and customer access strategy.
You will join a great team in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, and rewards great work.
Key Success Criteria:
- Accountable for Pod results – 90% of Cloud Commerce cases closed within 24 hours
- Front line agents empowered to systematically resolve issues first time
- Best practices seeded and tested, with learnings that influence our global Pod strategy
- Significant increase in Customer Satisfaction (target 190 CSAT)
- Fast resolution of customer issues, including complex field & high stake escalations across the Commerce ecosystem
- Cloud product and portal improvements that reduce customer contacts
- Issue Reduction: Drive process, policy and tool changes to simplify issue resolution and eliminate root cause, working closely with CSS partners, Commerce Business Operations (CBO), Credit Services, and Enterprise Commerce IT (ECIT)
- Insights & Analytics: bring insights to product groups and supporting teams to quantify impact, complete root cause analysis, and drive permanent fixes for contact drivers
- Product Improvement: Build business cases and relationships that drive product and portal improvements, eliminating the need for customers to contact support
- Evaluate processes from a customer perspective and persistently drive improvements
- Identify and address Pod knowledge and process gaps.
- Readiness for Program Changes and New Business.
- Support Program Managers in designing, testing, optimising our operating model and support processes
- Yammer – Define, monitor and iterate Yammer processes.
- Monitor & Communicate Pod Quality & Impact (% cases closed in 24 hours, CSAT, Volume Reduction, Issue Reduction, Cost Savings, backlog, case wellness)
- Drive, Energy, Curiosity and Ambition
- Strong problem solving skills, with experience of driving complex issues to resolution in product support, customer service, partner programs, licensing or operations
- Proven program management skills and experience
- Ability to embrace change with a bias for action – fail fast/learn fast
- Proven ability to influence and drive process and program changes across geographies and functions
- Knowledge of Microsoft’s cloud offerings an advantage
- Strong communication and presentation skills, able to tell a story with data and metrics
- Ability to learn quickly, be adaptable and deal with ambiguity
- Customer advocate – passionate about driving improvements for customers
- BS/BA degree in Business or equivalent experience
Personal Attributes / Interpersonal Skills
- Drive for Results
- Influencing for Impact
- Customer Focus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.