Who are we?
Hiscox, a FTSE 250 company domiciled in Bermuda since 2006, is a leading specialist insurer with a diverse portfolio of personal and commercial risks. With 100 years of underwriting heritage, we now employ over 2,200 highly professional staff in 14 countries. In 2015 the Hiscox Group grew by 10.7% to £1,944.2 million gross written premium and a very healthy profit of £216.1 million, delivering a return on equity of 16%.
About Hiscox MGA
Hiscox MGA was created in March 2015 with the acquisition of an established and profitable Marine Services MGA. The business now has three underwriting hubs; in London (Marine Services and Middle Eastern business), in Miami (Latin American business) and in Paris (Marine Services and Space). The business is in rapid growth mode and seeks to add to its lines of business over the next year.
The purpose of this role is to start the administration support function for Hiscox MGA in Lisbon. This will include being “hands-on” in policy and claims administration and credit control in conjunction with building a team to further develop this. It is key to provide an efficient, customer centric and high quality service and to recruit, train and develop a team of engaged and high performing individuals.
This role will establish a new team and business processes for a variety of administrative tasks. Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the business to create new processes and documentation to support the transition of work to this new Lisbon team and establish service levels to be measured against.
- Recruitment and selection of team members to develop a new team (approx. 4 people) in-keeping with the culture of existing teams in the Lisbon office and the wider Hiscox MGA business unit.
- Resource/capacity planning, workload prioritisation and allocation of tasks on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the team performance management, training and coaching of staff.
- Accurate, timely and efficient data entry and quality checking to ensure accuracy.
- Continuously work to improve the processes and challenge conventions and root causes of problems. Define and implement continuous improvements and support project work e.g. data cleansing.
- Produce regular and ad hoc management information as required by MGA underwriters and management.
- Delivering, monitoring, maintaining and improving the team’s KPIs / SLAs.
- Activities will include (but are not limited to):
- Entering policy and claim details onto our system, Websure.
- Premium collections and cash allocations.
- Distributing monthly statements and correspondence of overdue accounts to both our clients and carrier partners through brokers.
- Handling and settlement of claims fees.
- You will have a Baccalaureate qualification.
- Proficient in written and spoken country language and in both English and Spanish.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to develop rapport easily and build relationships with local and international colleagues and clients.
- Curious, willing to learn and showing a challenging conventions spirit.
- Personal drive to achieve goals and motivates others to achieve team goals. Expresses a “can-do” attitude.
- Customer orientation and mindset.
- Good leadership skills and be able to deal with team and conflict management.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail to produce high quality output even when dealing with high transaction volumes whilst under time pressure.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and plan workload to meet deadlines.
- You will have experience of working in an office environment, ideally in a multi-national, multi lingual environment. Experience in insurance is an advantage.
- Evidence of an interest in a career in people management, insurance or shared services is required. Experience in improving operational processes is preferred.
- You will need good computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel skills and power point. Training to develop your IT skills can be provided.
- Flexibility to travel intermittently to our underwriting hubs.
In the earlier stages of your career with Hiscox MGA, success will be rewarded by building a team in Lisbon and supporting the overall growth of Hiscox MGA whilst being hands on as well. In the longer term the role may develop into a more supervisory role as the MGA grows.