Who are we?
Hiscox, a FTSE 250 company domiciled in Bermuda since 2006, is a leading specialist insurer with a diverse portfolio of personal and commercial risks. With 100 years of underwriting heritage, we now employ over 2,200 highly professional staff in 14 countries. In 2015 the Hiscox Group grew by 10.7% to £1,944.2 million gross written premium and a very healthy profit of £216.1 million, delivering a return on equity of 16%.
About Hiscox MGA
Hiscox MGA was created in March 2015 with the acquisition of an established and profitable Marine Services MGA. The business now has three underwriting hubs; in London (Marine Services and Middle Eastern business), in Miami (Latin American business) and in Paris (Marine Services and Space). The business is in rapid growth mode and seeks to add to its lines of business over the next year.
The purpose of this role is to be part of a new administration support team for Hiscox MGA in Lisbon. It is key to learn new systems and processes quickly and provide an efficient, customer centric and high quality service.
This new team will be taking on new business processes for a variety of administrative and data entry tasks for policy and claims administration and cash allocation/credit control. Responsibilities will include:
- Accurate, timely and efficient data entry and quality checking to ensure accuracy.
- Working with the business to embed new processes to support the transition of work to this new Lisbon team and achieving service levels agreed.
- Provide superb customer experience by answering questions or smoothly transferring queries to the relevant departments.
- Continuously work to improve the processes, implement continuous improvements and support project work e.g. data cleansing.
- Providing new ideas and supporting the team leader regarding execution.
- Activities will include (but are not limited to):
- Entering policy and claim details onto our system, Websure.
- Premium collections and cash allocations.
- Distributing monthly statements and correspondence of overdue accounts to both our clients and carrier partners through brokers.
- Handling and settlement of claims fees.
- You will have a Baccalaureate qualification.
- Proficient in written and spoken country language and in both English and Spanish or French.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to develop rapport easily and build relationships with local and international colleagues and clients.
- Curious, willing to learn and showing a challenging conventions spirit.
- Personal drive to achieve goals and express a “can-do” attitude.
- Customer orientation and mindset.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail to produce high quality output even when dealing with high transaction volumes whilst under time pressure.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and plan workload to meet deadlines.
- You will have experience of working in an office environment, ideally in a multi-national, multi lingual environment.
- Evidence of an interest in a career in insurance or shared services is required.
- You will need good computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel skills and power point. Training to develop your IT skills can be provided.
In the earlier stages of your career with Hiscox MGA, success will be rewarded by successfully undertaking the administration responsibilities required to support the overall growth of Hiscox MGA whilst being hands on as well. In the longer term the role may develop into a more supervisory role as the MGA grows.