The Panalpina Group is one of the world’s leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and employs around 16,000 people worldwide.
Our Regional network team is based in Nuremberg (Germany) and Lisbon (Portugal) and supports the Countries in Europe and MEAC. Your main support focus will be on the Europe Region.
We are looking to hire a Regional Network Engineer IT Operations EMEA to join our 2nd level support team in Lisbon. You will prevent problems and resulting incidents from happening, eliminating recurring incidents and minimizing the impact of incidents on our network that cannot be prevented in accordance with a process-based model. You will also support the delivery of new and existing operations and infrastructure i.e. new offices. You will work in an international team.
Responsibilities and day to day tasks are
- Perform IT Operations (support, manage, maintain and monitor) of network systems and services located in Branch Units (Offices, Warehouses)
- WAN – MPLS, xVPN, VSAT configuration and troubleshooting
- LAN, WLAN configuration and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with 1st level support colleagues to diagnose, resolve, and prevent production issues
- Communication with WAN providers
- Regional Firewall changes (local setups)
- Corporate Perimeter Firewall changes in coordination with 3rd level
- Extranet connections
- Maintain and monitor WAN/LAN/WLAN infrastructure
- All requests will be handled in a ticket system
- Generate guidelines for 1st level support teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Networking Certifications are desirable (CCNP)
- Experience in supporting international networks is a plus
- Expert knowledge of routers, switches (Cisco Nexus family and Catalyst), firewalls, load balancers, Wi-Fi, Network Management systems.
- Expert knowledge of L2-L4 protocols in an enterprise environment.
- Expert knowledge of network monitoring tools and best practices.
- Advanced knowledge in DNS / DHCP systems.
- Advanced knowledge in remote access technology
- Knowledge of MPLS/VPN networks and enterprise routing protocol (BGP, EIGRP)
- Experience with network communications vendors
- Ability to understand the company’s business needs involving network communications and security
- Demonstrated skills in technical documentation and network diagramming
- Demonstrated analytical, deductive reasoning and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to interact with personnel on all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently or as a member of the team
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to research future hardware/software technologies
- Excellent English (both spoken & written)
- Other languages (especially German) are an advantage
Specifics for Job / Environment
- You will be part of a dynamic team, part of our Regional network team within IT Operations
- International Environment
Please submit your application in English.