We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We are on a mission, because we no longer accept the digital downgrade that workers experience when they swap their personal devices for their work ones. We create business software that works the way people want, not the other way around. Will you join us in our fight against the digital downgrade?
Our Global Delivery Centre in Lisbon, Portugal is looking for an Analyst Technical Consultant for the Data Migration Team. Who will collect, analyze, transform and export all collected data from legacy systems to Unit4 products (Unit4 Students Management System or Unit4 Business World) for customers worldwide. Applying problem-solving skills to project challenges, and troubleshoots any data migration issues along and proactively assist with issue resolution. You are a strong team-player and enjoy a challenge. Join our Centre and apply now!
What will you do
- Ensure that client legacy system data is retained and converted into a new system.
- Manipulate client data using SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, excel or custom tools developed in Visual Studio (C#)
- Use Unit4 data migration tools and methods
- Use Microsoft SSIS
- Validate data to ensure that it is consistent, well-formed and of high structural integrity.
- Load data into clients’ data validation and training databases to perform data comparisons and updates.
- Adhere to coding standards, and help in process documentation to ensure efficiency.
- Report on data integrity issues to implementation team members and clients.
- Use creative techniques to compare data with conflicting data types and resolve issues.
- Create solutions that allow capture of existing data into usable data formats.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing and enhancing current processes.
- You will follow all Data Migration Team best practices and methodology
- You will work remotely from Lisbon and on-site worldwide
As a data migration team member, you are passionate about data analysis and handling, and motivated to help customers with the best data migration solution. You contribute with your creativity and new ideas to the data migration process and methods and come up with new possibilities and improvements. You have a problem solver mindset, and you always help the team to achieve success.
- Knowledge on SQL Server or Oracle
- Experience writing SQL queries and scripting using T-SQL or PL/SQL
- Experience with ETL/DTS/SSIS process and concepts;
- Experience with database management tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio;
- Experience with Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Flexibility & ability to work in a continually changing, client-focused environment;
- Ability to balance multiple high-priority deliverables;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills;
- Self-managed and motivated;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment;
- Customer-friendly attitude.
- Excellent English verbal and written skills;
- TFS knowledge.
- Availability to travel to work on-site next to customers worldwide.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Excellent time management;
- Organized and attention to detail and a consistent ability to meet deadlines.
- Training courses in the first weeks of your employment;
- Enthusiastic colleagues who are eager to learn from each other.
- A flexible and solution-oriented work place where you work hard and are valued for your input.
- A mature and productive development process, where everyone works at a sustainable pace.
- A close working relationship with our stakeholders and support desks.
- An international working environment.
- A place to work and have fun.
- Other working benefits.
Applying in English – why?
Unit4 is an international software company with business units all over the world. We cherish our cultural differences and celebrate our common values. English is the common language in our company and therefore we kindly ask you to submit your cv and cover letter in English.