The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory – INL (http://www.inl.int), was founded under an international legal framework to perform interdisciplinary research and to deploy and articulate nanotechnology for the benefit of society. INL aims to become the world-wide hub for nanotechnology addressing society’s grand challenges with specific emphasis on Aging & Wellbeing, Mobility & Urban Living and a Safe & Secure Society.
The work undertaken by our research centre has a significant impact on people’s lives and societal benefit. The objective is to ensure that staff is employed on the basis of skills and requirements for the job and that there is a mutually beneficial relationship between INL’s expectations and the staff personal and professional career development. INL recruits from all over the world. We find the diversity and multiculturalism of our teams as well as family friendly working practices and benefits to be a great asset and an essential element in cultivating an attractive and inspiring workplace.
INL is seeking a self-motivated Human Resources Specialist to join the HR team. Under the guidance of the HR Officer, the HR Specialist will provide customer focused, comprehensive, and pragmatic support for the overall HR Administration & ER related activities. The candidate will manage Employee Relations processes for the organization and will work in formulating Positive strategies and plans in this area.
This job is an excellent career advancement opportunity for someone with the willingness to work hard to provide effective and efficient operational service delivery during a period of very positive and fast-paced growth of INL.
The job would suit candidates with a proven 3 years of experience within a HR administrative role in a busy and dynamic professional environment with outstanding HR best practices. The candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Working as a Human Resources Specialist with responsibility for employee and labour relations, providing, a holistic administration service to internal customers;
- Dealing with all general HR enquiries. Providing detailed oral or written advice in response to requests for technical assistance and day-to-day contract administration, as well as all other labour or employee relations issues according to the internal rules and regulations;
- Dealing with the full cycle of contracts, writing offer letters/contracts, renewals, notifications, contract terminations, HR paperwork;
- Ensuring all data entry and the HR database is kept up to date and files recorded, securing HR data analysis and effective reporting;
- Managing the attendance platform and providing advice to users;
- Delivering accurate information to the payroll team for payroll purposes;
- Ensuring control, updating and implementation of employment processes in line with the internal labour regulations and business requirements;
- Dealing with Institutions, Organisations and Public Bodies for administrative purposes. Ensuring paperwork management is made accurately and in a timely manner;
- Ensuring compliance of individual and/or collective agreements;
- Managing insurance policies and others health care related issues.
- MSc degree in Organisational Psychology, Economics or Human Resources is required;
- Postgraduate degree in Labour Relations or similar field will be very positively evaluated;
- Suitable industrial relations experience. Experience of leading, engaging and managing multiple people/stakeholders at different levels;
- Advanced user of Primavera;
- Proficient with MS office and HRIS;
- Familiarity of working with ISO QMS;
- Proven ability to analyse data and to present it clearly;
- Excellent communication skills in English are required (English international certification: CAE; IELTS; TOELF will be a competitive advantage).
Applicants also are expected to have the following skills:
- Customer Service Focus;
- Hands-on approach to the day-to-day tasks, detail oriented, team player accustomed to tight deadlines with a high level of quality deliverables;
- Process orientated with excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to work on their own initiative;
- Ability to manage and prioritise competing demands. Pro-active approach to problem solving;
- Ability to multitask;
- Ability to build strong relationships. Personable and approachable nature;
- Ability to communicate at all business levels, both written and verbal.
What we offer
- Employment contract and competitive compensation package.
- Employees will also benefit of the various social facilities available at INL.
- International and highly competitive environment in contact with leading edge technology.
How to Apply
- International candidates are welcome to apply. Only applications in English will be accepted.
- Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae and University certificates. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If your application is successful and you accept our offer of employment you will receive the employment agreement and all other relevant documents. If you are relocating, you will be given assistance by the HR Office.
If Your Application is Not Successful
We highly value the interest shown from applicants wishing to become a part of the INL experience. It is important for us to maintain good communications with candidates. No matter the outcome of the application, we always send the applicant an answer.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL is an equal opportunity organisation, committed to providing equal career opportunities and firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issues.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.