The Global Markets Data Solutions (GMDS) team is responsible for putting in place a clear data governance to comply with control and regulatory requirements, including a consistent approach to definition, standards, data ownership and processes throughout Global Markets. It also works on data quality, reporting and analysis.
This data approach will enable the business to put their data to work, unlocking its value to drive better client services and increase revenues, better understand and reduce costs and comply with regulations efficiently. Additionally, business intelligence will support the decision-making process throughout the organization
Overall Job Purpose
The job holder will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day run of the MI application that consume Client Contribution deals; including related issue resolution of operational and functional matters. Working with the business and IT teams to deal with queries and provide the needed support. Effective support of in-scope tasks is key to maintaining a consistent service levels and a positive experience with our internal clients.
Client Contribution measures the expected revenues of a client trade at inception.
- Provide the business the needed support in relation to the Client Contribution deal capture into the MI systems
- Maintaining the business hierarchies in line with business structure changes, including: Sales, Trading and Product
- Upload and maintenance of CC Budget as needed.
- Ensure correct static updates in relation to Marketers and their team memberships
- Carrying out day-to-day checks to ensure correct alignment to referential systems
User access management:
- Monitor security access control to data, in line with the Sponsor’s agreed requirements and instructions
- Maintaining the reporting security access for users and actioning any access related issues.
Incidents & Problem management:
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries related to the CC MI workflow
- Keeping users up to date on any service disruptions or feed issues
- Notifying IT of any technical issues experienced by the users
- Escalating issues to management based on criticality level
Daily Feed status checks:
- Ensuring all overnight feeds to the MI CC data have completed and notifying users of potential delays and issues
- Carrying out the daily, weekly and monthly tasks to ensure reporting stability
- Monitoring exceptional deals and escalating for resolution
- Monitoring and actioning of failed deals
- Upload of deals into the CC systems related to ‘sharing agreements’
- Effective communication
- Ensure management and central team in London are always up to date on all issues related to CC
- Continuous communication with the GMDG team as a whole to make them aware of issues impacting their work
- Insure good communication flow with IT, Marketers, Business Managers, Finance and Management
Qualifications & Skills:
- The candidate should have / be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- A university degree or equivalent
- Data Warehouse and Database Knowledge
- Good system skills, strong with Excel, MS systems
- Excellent project / time management, and organizational skills.
- Able to multi-task, work under pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of Financial products / processes / systems
- Elegible for IEFP internship
The successful candidate must have the following qualities:
- Drive for results: delivers high quality work and is dedicated to achieving impact in their work.
- Risk awareness: demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts. Always considers risk in his/her daily activities
- Corporate role model, integrity & ethics: acts with discipline and high ethical standards
- Team player & cross cultural awareness: works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders.
- Client focus: regards stakeholders as well as external clients as “customers”.
Essential personal skills
The successful candidate must have the following skills:
- Diligence: displays dedication and prioritises problems by considering the impact on the business; identifies quick-win solutions.
- Resilience: stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress.
- Communication (active listener and clear communicator): communicates clearly in both native and English languages. Communicates pro-actively with management, escalating issues as necessary.
- Innovation: thinks laterally to identify other sources of useful information and sees ways around obstacles and barriers.